Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 24,680.00
Wiki Edits: 48625
So first, you gain spells that cannot miss. Regular ranged attacks have a hit chance. Second, spells like Infect and Mosquito Swarm can "go around" one enemy and hit the one behind. Sometimes you cannot do this with ranged attacks and must hit the closest enemy. In addition, Mosquito Swarm heals you and Infect can debuff the enemy, while Bow Attacks cannot.

Cas
Check out our Monster Hunter Rise Wiki and the awesome Monsters
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon
Hey Cas, I'm not sure if you're still checking this, but if you are, could you provide me with some insight? I really like necro characters and rangers, and so I'm thinking of creating a party like this:

Sanguine Bowman
Summoner of Sparks or Glacial Guardian
Radiant Battlemage or Teutonic Sage
Occult Flame Wielder or Juggernaut or eternal warrior

I played a lot of Divinity Original Sin 1, where it got beat into me that I should be able to have characters who can cast fire, aero, geo, and water, and I think that's reflected in what I wrote above. I just simply don't know what party combination works in Divinity Sin 2. Thoughts?
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Anonymous wrote:Hey Cas, I'm not sure if you're still checking this, but if you are, could you provide me with some insight? I really like necro characters and rangers, and so I'm thinking of creating a party like this:

Sanguine Bowman
Summoner of Sparks or Glacial Guardian
Radiant Battlemage or Teutonic Sage
Occult Flame Wielder or Juggernaut or eternal warrior

I played a lot of Divinity Original Sin 1, where it got beat into me that I should be able to have characters who can cast fire, aero, geo, and water, and I think that's reflected in what I wrote above. I just simply don't know what party combination works in Divinity Sin 2. Thoughts?

Sanguine Bowman, Summoner of Sparks, Tectonic Sage and Juggernaut would make fearsome team...

Cas
For Bull Rush whats the best way to use that ability? Seems counter intuitive to close distance to hit enemies as a ranger. Do we rush in and then cloak so no enemy retaliates?
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Bull Rush is definitely situational, and I like to use it when enemies are all in a line. You can also use Marksman's Fang when they are lined up for maximum damage.

Cas
Not sure if you're still looking at this, but I'm just starting to play DOS 2 and these guides are super helpful. Is there a reason not to take the Elemental Ranger talent with sanguine bowman? If I set bleeding on enemies they'll be standing in blood and it should do extra damage right? Or does this conflict with the Elemental Arrowheads skill somehow? Similar question about the Sadist talent that also deals increased physical damage to bleeding targets.

Dapsang

Souls: 55.00
Ok, i'm not sure why you said that this build feels awkward.
I'm playing Lone Wolf playthrough with my friend and we are using Sanguine Bowman and Eternal warrior builds. Honestly, it doesn't feel fair. I mean, after level 12 we had to choose higher level fights just so we would have a challenge. Most of them we finish without even letting our enemies make a move(when enemies are few that is). Only downside was physical damage immune enemies, but those are extremely rare and we get by using elemental arrows/scrolls and grenades.
So, you know... thanks for making the playthrough so easy, lol
Thanks for the guide. It's an awesome build.