Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

I posture broke him just as he was crapping in his hand lmfao

L4G

Casual
Convict

Souls: 185.00
If anyone needed some help, first as you go towards Guardian Ape in phase 1 and wait for him to turn around then use firecrackers. (Any firecrackers would work I think) After that if you use it one more time you notice after hitting him he will be able to crush you and deal damage and to avoid that go to his right side and just attack. The ape will always fall down you after using firecrackers on him after the 2nd time so be weary of that, wait for his combo's to end to use firecracker's, note that he has 2 attacks that can not be blocked, first is the grab you can dodge easily by jumping and the second grab is the the one where the ape jumps toward you but that can be countered by going around him and you get 2 extra hits or maybe even 3! In phase 2 he will probably use a scream attack at the start always to avoid it just run as far as you can out of it, or you can use the umbrella prosthetic, you may have notice that he wields a sword but don't be scared of it. You can deflect him easily now just keep deflecting until he does that overhead slam and just deflect it since it is slow and the ape will go down and you will have the opportunity to use the loaded spear any version will work I think, just press R2 two times if you have the normal one if you have the thrust type you can hold R2 then press it again to release as you do that, you will notice his posture filled up a lot and then see a centipede coming out of it's head. Now he still has 2 attacks that can not be block the first one is the sweep but it can be easily dodged by jumping the second one is where the ape jumps and he will do a sweep attack if I'm not mistaken, you are able to jump to dodge it too. Sorry for the bad English but I hope this has helped anyone.

L4G

Casual
Convict

Oh, and forgot to add keep your distance in phase 1 also I am just an average Sekiro player, so I don't think it's too hard to for someone to follow this strategy and left this comment for anyone who is dying to the ape countless times.

L4G

Casual
Convict

Just defeated this Guardian Ape charmless and with demon bell on in NG+3 felt great.
I was dreading this boss due to the hype around him, but ended up beating him on first try. I had a friend tell me about the spear trick with the centipede in phase 2. That's what makes this game special to me. The bosses and levels are unforgiving and tough, but once you learn a few tricks, almost all are manageable. None are unfair for the sake of being unfair. Now, the second version of Guardian Ape with the wife...that one took me a few tries. :P
yeah this boss really depends on the player - i was stuck with him for 6 hours
He's not too bad, yeah. When I first fought him, I was just startled by how FAST he was, because big bosses in Soulsborne always moved super slow! It's a shame someone spoiled his phase 2 for you though, lol.
Bosses are ok. The gunman **** around snake eyes are unfair for the sake of being unfair. ****.
feb 19 anon
Idk large bosses in Souls Games aren't necessarily slower than small bosses, Oceiros and Sanctuary Guardian come to mind.
Lol, your experience was the complete opposite of mine, I took several tries to kill this guy and later I killed him and his wife first try
I like how it has an almost human face (more so than other monkeys, particularly the nose), but you can't tell if it's a human that became a monster or if it's a monkey that is somehow becoming human. Though it is located in Boddhisattva Valley, and boddhisattvas are monks on the verge of nirvana who refrain from becoming buddhas to help elevate other beings out of their karmic debts. I guess it implies that by drinking from the fountainhead waters, it elevated its spirit in some way, affecting its form? Even if it also ended up ingesting immortal flesh, infecting it with the parasitic centipedes...

CzechMate

Souls: 55.00
FYI you can deflect anything that doesn't inflict a status effect (the fart and dung throw come to mind) and stuff that's explicitly undeflectable (the red mikiri symbol comes up) so if you see an attack coming up in the first phase, just go for it and try to deflect it. After finally just saying **** it and learning the deflection timings it got so much easier and I defeated him on my, I think, 5th try without Kuros charm.
You can deflect the poo attack
Frustating....
After 10 days, i finnaly put him down!
Just luck i guess
1 phase run around , lots of openings
2 phase deflect,deflect spear jank , punish dives.
One more thing!
There is no Joy in defeating bosses in this game ( like in DS), just emptyness
My guy I think you might just be Bad
I wonder how many people uninstalled the game after getting to this guy lmao
Why? This was one of the only boss I defeated on first
Secret second phases are a plague. Remember when Fromsoft used to respect their players instead of stringing them along?
Yeah man, this is one of the "Soulsborne tropes" that's getting tiresome already. They should do this more sparingly or just make something new idk