Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Is this sold by merchants? Doesn't seem to be by mine.
Sold by The Three merchants
For those who want to try, I already did. This is NOT permanent, it lasts just for a little while...
Little reference to Demon's Souls in the description.
Someone pointed out that in the page about venomous blade that elemental damages buff gain a 2.25 multiplier when applied to a weapon with the same element. I loved this idea, because it would make elemental weapon actually not trash. So I tested this with pitchfire, it seems to work similarly.

I tested this on the T5 arbalet with fire damages. The stats were the following.
- Physical damage : 9 base -> 20,6 (dex scaling)
- Fire damages : 9 base -> 9.5 (mag scaling)

I shot a rotten walker in NG+, I got the following :
- No buff : 33 dmg
- Shockstone : 43 dmg
- Pitchfire : 55 dmg

Even though I have more damages that I should have (but it was the same with any other weapon, calculations work if I add 10% to base damages), it clearly shows that indeed buff get a CRAZY multiplier when applied to a weapon of the same damage type. Note that it is not explained by elemental resitance, a non elemental weapon would get the same damages with both pitchfire and shockstone.
EDIT : I just noticed that the 10% damage increase that I had with every weapon probably came from the blacksmith. Taking that into account, all my calculations are coherent with those observations.

So there is a 2.25 multiplier when you buff an elemental weapon with the same damage type (I guess it works the same for holy/lighting/poison). It makes elemental weapons WAY stronger than I expected.