Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

If you are using a physical fighter, i recommend using black knight greatsword. It drops by the one black knight in road of sacrifices.
Does lots of poise dmg, so the 2-handed weak attack at min requirements can already stop the pontiff knights and fire witches in place and even break their blocking stance in 1 hit.
It also does extra dmg against all demons, being extremely useful at this point of the game no matter if you decide to go from carthus catacombs up to irythil of the boreal valley or down to smouldering lake.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
Poise doesn’t exist in ds3, a straight sword would still stun them
They can be super easy and super hard all depends on the rng god.
R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1
Fighting w them is basically a battle between 2 pvp casuls,if u don't know how to parry,then the battle depends on who spams r1 more than the other as both of u have literally 0 poise so just spam r1 before them
Git gud at dodging casual
Bruh, i am already "gud" enough for these casul enemies. I know the art of roly poly for these guys. Just leaving a tip for other casuls that may fat roll or want to kill faster

I don't get why people hate this enemy so much, R1 stunlocking them with ANY weapon before they can even attack usually works for me since they have no poise. And for the shield variations just use kick and riposte.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
But they can r1 stun lock you too if you’re not careful
For the love of Gwyn stop puking out the magic bullsh*t
for the scythe lads you should try spacing, at just the right distance all their swings will miss and the only other reliable way to dodge their hyperspeed slash i've found is to roll almost exactly when an attack animation ends