Discuss FromSoftware and GRR Martin's Elden Ring, an action RPG.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 450,699.49
Bank: 11,492.71
Wiki Edits: 41160
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Elden Ring: What we want to see. Ideas on how the tried and tested Souls mechanics can evolve to rejuvenate the action rpg genre.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6.00
Bank: 9,207.00
Wiki Edits: 6
i'll wait and see but i've got my doubts that mounts are a good use of development time. Sets could be good a good way to add build complexity if you can mix and match set bonuses, but i don't like it when rpgs reduce characters to equipment.
I really want to see the spells.
I like to play RPGs with magic.
Great that we will have magic again.
Diversity on magic will be good.
More type of weapons and armors will be good too.

igwanaspawn03

Souls: 99.00
i want to see amazing looking armor and strong weapons

Raven_The_Limp92

Souls: 55.00
I know the game won’t be a disappointment, but one thing I wish is not true and that is there are no NPCs. :(
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 450,699.49
Bank: 11,492.71
Wiki Edits: 41160
@Raven_The_Limp92 the "no NPC" quote refers to "no highly populated towns with npcs" not a "no npcs at all"
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Elden Ring Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter Rise Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Chaosmaker

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,791.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I hope spells are strong. They should be in these kinds of games. Players should be encouraged to use spells to some capacity, even if they focus primarily on something else. I'd rather they split the spells up into elements instead of sorcery/miracles kinda like they did in King's Field. I'd like to see something like each individual school or element scaling with a different stat, instead of just int/mag. Like maybe Earth could scale from STR or VIT, or wind scales from Dex, etc, just to make sure a variety of builds got viable spell options, and some of the spells could be weapon techs that use the specific element. Like an earth wave attack with a hammer, or a wind enchanced arrow, or a tornado slash with a katana, etc.

N3DSdude

Souls: 83.00
I think it'll be likely we'll see Elden Ring at TGA 2020, Been waiting for so long!

SlaveKnightKos

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 304.00
Given that a desire for quality need not be stated, I want it to be big. Really big. Like MASSIVE. I want it to go into the deepest depths of the earth, the highest heights in the sky. I want it so big that you never need to see the same thing twice. Also, I want more than one way to do/get things, like in Demon's Souls. I shouldn't have to play through the same campaign in the same part of the world if I want a new character.
But most importantly, above all else. I. Want. The Berserker Armor. I don't care if someone needs to sign their soul over to Kentaro Miura. I want that armor. And I want it to work. I want to see gods leaping across the biggest chasms, slaying the biggest monsters, all the while fighting for control over their actions.
I want it to change. We should always be getting new stuff. Not just DLC, but the game itself should be changing.
The game should be more mechanically free, if you know what I mean. Creativity should play a large role in how successful you are. There should rarely be one solution to a particular problem.
Magic should be largely dependent on where you are (summoning the ocean god in a desert shouldn't work). Magic should have way more diversity, forget 3, or even 4 schools of magic, we at least 10.
More freedom should definitely be a major component of the game. Furthermore, your choices should affect other players, just not their ability to get rare items, that is just annoying.
The grinding, please don't. Just don't. It's not fun, it's just annoying. If I had to pick one of Miyazaki's games that had it the best it would be Sekiro, where you don't need to farm, but if you want that money, levels, and upgrade materials now, your going to need to farm.
I have no doubt in my mind that Elden Ring will be great, and I'm sure that there will always be ways for it to be better. The goal is to minimize the number and significance of said complaints. I feel that Elden Ring has the potential to be the best game out there, and I want to see that happen, no matter how long it takes.