Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I recently just came back to the game to actually try and finish it over quarantine and this weapon is great. A lot of the comments hate on the weapons but its really good if your a patient fighter. start as deprived and infuse your club with the fire gem gift to smack the boss then level what you need to handle the weapon properly. this weapon is still doing amazingly and i just beat the deacons. might switch to black blade but this is doing me very well at +6 and 25dex
Also does anyone have a straight forward answer if i should keep reinforcing or use a sharp gem?
You can use a gem anytime while keeping the current reinforcement level.
Sharp should outdamage the regular path by now, so you're good to go
Pretty underwhelming in this game.
Uchigatana, like the Claymore and Longsword, is one of those staple Dark Souls weapons that has retained its use throughout the entire series. You could run through the entire game with this in hand and do fine - which is great, since you can acquire this weapon before you even hit the High Wall.

Where the Longsword is your staple sword'n'board weapon and the Claymore is your first Strength-style weapon, the Uchi is more of your first two-handed Dex choice. It has speed, decent damage, bleed, the ability to parry without needing a shield, reasonable stamina use, works with weapon buffs and resins, needs no finicky builds, and has a forward motion to it that gives just a bit of reach. A weapon for both beginners and masters.
Don't forget the amazing weapon art that both covers incredible range and staggers most enemies out of their attack animation. When I'm in a jam I always switch to the trusty uchi and usually a weapon art followed by r1 combo will tear through whatever's in my way. I picked my class solely for the twinblades and ended up scrapping em like 4% of the way through the game for this bad boy and a rapier lmao
I feel like I love the idea of this weapon more than actually using it, sadly.
Upgrading the Chaos Uchigatana rn and thought I’d say that at chaos +8 is when intelligence and faith scaling go from C to B and the strength scaling is still at E.
TIL: the WA attack can duck behind lothric spear enemies. Great combo as 2handing doesnt make the weapon bounce on their shield
It said that katanas have the least amount of parry frames but it feels easier to parry with them, is it the hit boxes of it? Or is it my imagination.
Same here

doomw32

Souls: 60.00
i agree, maybe cuz i played a **** ton of sekiro

doomw32

Souls: 60.00
with all the katanes you can sort of "sneak" by moving in the sheathed stance. its def way more sucessful thn just walking slow
yes