Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

This boss is so underrated.
Be ware if the hitbox on his charge, it’s hit me when behind him and give his slams a wide girth because they have aoe effects to them, besides that should be an easy fight.
if you are a beginner I have some tips to beat this boss: the most important rule is to stay under 25% weight, so use armor like thief armor. then to deal damage, wait for it to slam its ribcage/giant mouth into the ground, then get out of the way because then it will charge, and unless you are in NG+ with 99 vitality if you get caught under his feet, then you are dead. when the dragon stops charging, run up to its tail and beat on it. it doesn't really matter what weapon you used, because I used a normal drake sword. once you cut off the tail just keep baiting the attacks and hitting his stump. when he is at 33% health he will vomit acid that will corrode equipment, so when he closes his huge mouth while jiggling, bolt for the opposite side of the arena if you want to keep your stuff intact. once you kill him, make way to where you came from, go up the stairs go through the broken bars, say hi to domnall, and unlock the doors ant the far end of the wall.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
You could fat roll and still have enough time to get away
I did the order wrong. So this is my first time playing through Dark Souls 1 and instead of doing the bosses in the correct fashion I killed moonlight butterfly and made it all the way to Sif. After dying countless times to the wolf I went and killed Havel, then I went back to Sif just to get kicked in the *** once more. After looking for something else to do I made it back to the undead burg and unlocked some shortcuts. This eventually led me to the Valley of Drakes where I got my *** kicked. so I left there and eventually found the Capra Demon. At this point, I already had Claymore +5 so it took me a total of 2 tries to kill Capra Demon. From there, I found my way to the depths unlocked the firelink shrine shortcut, and kept going down. then I made my way to that bigass rat murdered him, and painstakingly found the gaping dragon boss fight. all goes to say I died twice to the gaping dragon and then slaughtered him. now I am in blighttown and wanting to end my eternal suffering.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
I find it interesting that you beat Havel first try on what I assume was your first playthrough, you must have talked to a bs cheese master along the way.
To DemonsSoulsMaster
I killed haven on my frist try, during my first 20 minutes of playing the game (a friend lent me his game). ive had beaten ds2 and bloodborne, so havel was really not that tough. hits hard, but whiffs just as hard
this boss is pretty easy, but there is some catches
-be ready to mash if you get grabbed. mashing fast enough will prevent most, if not all damage
-be ready to run away if he starts vomiting. that acid don't do much dmg, but will break the durability of your weapon very quick
-staying in his lower side is the most safe position. Instead of attacking you, he will be constantly flying up to adjust himself and trying to fall on you. Keep your weight light and just run circles aroudn him.
-there is a special item (dragon axe) if you cut his tail off, but most of the time it's not worthy the risk of getting sweep by his tail. This weapon requires 50 of str to equip in 1 hand, and have zero scalling in all status. So you won't be using it early/mid game nor in ng+
Oh look seaths wife
Love to see so much people playing DS in 2021. I come back to PTDE for all the achievements i don't have and feel this game is still alive.
For this fight you need a powerful weapon if you want Solaire to be alive, otherwise the dragon will kill him before the battle ends. I never summoned him before and really surprised me how bad he is at this fight.
Doggy :)
I killed him with bow and arrows