Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

I love using this and just making enemies fight. Ashina reservoir sumo fighting club!
You can puppeteer minibosses (at least confirmed on Drunken Juzou clones if you jump over them when they are on their last deathblow.
I've tried and confirmed this works with most and you dont have to backstab from stealth you can get the vault over skill (which I think is the primary reason behind it)
How long does the puppet last or is it until it loses all its health from dmg or posture buildup?
Until one of two conditions are met 1.the puppets health hits 0 2.the possession timer runs out What ever on of the two comes first
but how long is the possession timer?
This wiki is missing relevant info, like how long it lasts, or how if you puppeteer two enemies sometimes they will attack each other making the jutsu totally useless.

gunsogiroro

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Here is a piece of info that needs posted up above. Your puppets that were just prior alive and immune to terror can now be killed by terror just as quick as you. They take on every lethal, crippling or otherwise debilitating vulnerability Sekiro has.
If you wanna have some fun with this, go to the Water Mill Sculptor Idol, keep going forward until you get to the High priests house then use the Ninjutsu on the Bell Ogre and just watch him obliterate the villagers.
IT'S ALIVEEE
Undead Rapport