Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

Saved him in the battle, he was near where the kids were being trained to fight. Talked to him, got to the point where I said wait for me in camp. Next time I camped, got a quest update that Wyll has died, and the questline closed.
He will leave you if side with the goblins.
one of the goblins in the goblin camp building (temple of selune) has his eye as a drop. if you kill them all without him, he is angry about you not bringing him. it also seems to bug or nullify any chance having his missing eye push his story forward, though i'm not sure if the game currently has something where he mentions the eye (assuming it does) if you bring him with you and confront/fight the small group of goblins carrying it.
Wait, hold up. Warlocks are only proficient in simple weapons, so how is Wyll able to wield rapiers? Did my guy really sell his soul for fencing lessons?!
He is a human so he could have taken the Weapon Master feat at level 1. In 5E there are also downtime activities which can get you extra proficiencies in exchange for time and gold, which he could have done at any time before the start of the game.
Yeah I guess that could be possible. Variant Humans aren't in EA, but they might be down the road. I think it's probably just because he has a background as a noble and rapiers go hand-in-hand with that, since I'm pretty sure he can't use any other martial weapons and the feat lets you pick 4.

Hard to be "Blade of the Frontiers" armed with a dinky little 1d4 dagger I suppose. Although I like "Spear of the Frontier" just because it rhymes, which is a stupid reason but hey.
I think they just cheated and gave it to him. It really only occured to me when I played my Drow Warlock who do get legit access to rapier.
[SPOILERS AHEAD REGARDING COMPANION AFFECTION] - This is a copy/paste from my comment on the Astarion page because I thought it might be useful to some people here as well.

I seen a few people wondering how to gain affection of certain characters, and for those of you interested in starting a love story with... Well, anyone, I thought you might find my experience interesting:

Originally, I didn't mean to romance any character at all. Not because there is anything wrong with them in particular, but none of them really felt like a good fit for my ranger lady. Astarion is cool and all, but his preference for "evil" choices made him a "nope" for this particular character's playthrough. Gale and Wyll just felt rather ... Ehm, not really into-the-wilds enough, so I just thought I'd ignore the entire affection-run entirely and simply roleplay my ranger and just deal with whatever negative/positives that comes along the way.

So, all in all my ranger has a personality more suited for Wyll / Gale (meaning she's generally a "good" person, wanting so save innocents - but she dosn't hesitate to kill those she deem deserving of it). Most of my calls are neutral and I've had disapproves and approves coming in and out from all of my companions (I really thought I was pretty much on neutral ground at best with most of my followers). However, after defeating the goblin leaders, during the celebration in your camp - ALL 3 OF THE MALE CHARACTERS SHOWED ROMANTIC INTEREST AND WANTED TO SPEND THE NIGHT.

I have not chosen any flirty options (that I am aware of) prior to this event - I did however let Astarion suck my blood on that one occasion, and then I asked him to stop at once. That's it. I even ignored my companions for most part, pretty much only speaking to them when they had the yellow " ! " above their head. Out of curiosity I accepted Astarions suggestions to spend the night - and the other two, Wyll and Gale, immediately expressed jealousy (literally out loud, but not in a immature way) when interacting with them afterwards (I interacted with ALL available NPCs during this evening just to see if there was any hidden conversations - the reason I talked to Astarion first is cause he had a " ! " above his head).

So what do I want to say with this? Unless you're literally roleplaying a perfect-fit partner (or testing how much the affection scale matters) for a companion; just do your own characters roleplaying - you don't have to backtrack each time you see a "disapprove"-marker. It really does not appear to be very difficult to create a romantic relationship with a companion, even if your character and the companion don't see eye to eye on everything. (like I said, I've had negative and positive reactions from all of them)
Not entirely true: for me Gale has been locked out of romance for 3 playthroughs and I didn't even try to gain that much approval with him. Me and others just learned that you need to get his approval early on (grove), have him die and resurrect and take lots and lots of long rests so you can get a particular scene (weave) and fun fact: I didn't get it for 3 times! Even though his approval went straight to High!

Astarion is probably the easiest to romance - you're literally a walking snack to him lmao. The others vary on how much approval you get which you can see in the description of your party (can't remember the key but it's next to spells). If you don't care for romance that's dandy but sometimes romance mechanics are tricky so it's better to have a good understanding of what you're talking about.
What even are those stats. They present Wyll is a swordsman, so why is his intelligence better than both his strength and dexterity? Why is his dexterity *that* low? Anyone who doesn't pay attention to stats when they pick Wyll up will try to use him as he was used in the goblin fight at the gate, they will send him into melee. And they will suffer, because Wyll is *terrible* at melee combat. The only way to make him remotely good at it is to give him moderately armored at 4th level to plug his terrible AC, and bring his dex to a *passable* 14. Even then you are better off with eldritch blast 90% of the time.
Curse of the developers spreading the stats. Pathfinder had same issues for most companions. Dunno, like i get the lore and rp aspect of it, but its not tabletop, social aspect, which dominates(or should at least) real life games cant be applied here. And therefore terrible stats will bring nothing but terrible experience. I dunno why devs do that all the time.
this nigg sucks at melee and claims to be a master lol
Dev should create a new pact for him, pact of uselessness