Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

fellswoop

Souls: 55.00
the concept itself divine ! i dont see why their is not a dragon left in the world! they are and were strong enuff to have kept some level of influence so why the exit
You didn't see the intro cutscene, did you?

Lux_the_Lost

Souls: 50.00
I will admit I had some serious salt going from going through the Great Hollow... but seeing the crazy view around the Ash Lake and coming across this made all of that worth it.
Not gonna lie. I fear only few things. But this guys face, this is one of them. He still gives me the creeps like no other Souls Monster.
Yes, and ash lake is the place nightmares are made from.
So many nightmares, running and running and all of a sudden water comes out of nowhere and knocks you down and when you hit the ground you wake up in a cold sweat. Same thing every night.
but he's so chill
So like the stone dragon is an everlasting dragon or not?
I think Stone Dragon is the type of dragon it is, and Everlasting Dragon is a name/title
This guy leads to me to believe, due to the limited information about the Everlasting Dragon elsewhere and the beginning cinematic, that the Dragons were peaceful in nature. The other four-winged dragons met in the game, Seath and the Gaping Dragon, have been driven mad or transformed, so this dragon at Ash Lake is the only seemingly sane Everlasting Dragon left. In Dark Souls, almost everything attacks us...both those that could allies depending player choices and outright enemies. And even NPCs mostly retaliate against the player if provoked. However, the Everlasting Dragon does not...even if we literally slice off his tail. Nearly all characters, monsters, etc. that do attack us/can attack us are from either the Lords/Gods or Humanity in some form or serve one of these groups or both. The Everlasting Dragon is affiliated with neither and comes from the Age of Dragons and archtrees. Combined with cinematic lines of the fire bringing "disparity," the "rebellion" against the dragons may not have been provoked by them, but rather by mortals due to our inherent lust for power, fame, fortune, and longer life. This is of course speculation and a bit of head canon, but it's a way of looking at the dynamic of the beginning of the Age of Fire as a commentary on humanity's propensity for violence and conquest over the "natural" order even if that order does not threaten us, simply to say that we control our environment, our planet. I know, I know. I'm looking way too far into it, but I like thinking about both the in-game lore and how that compares to real life situations.
The dragon covenant is by far my favorite, since the motivation for undead to “ascend into dragons” was so hard to process the first time. To this day I still don’t completely understand how this fits into the DS1 lore concerning dragons. And of course, these guys h a v e to be chill if they’re letting some random axe-wielding, sunlight maggot-clad undead just march up and go, ‘I’m going to cut off your tail, hey can I become a dragon?’ and be okay with it. Your argument — or head canon, or both — is definitely a solid one. As far as the dragons go, I don’t think they get enough love, both as bosses and in terms of lore. I’m glad to see someone is still making those connections and theorizing about them in a succinct, meaningful manner. Cheers!
His default bonefire is at 10 estus flasks.
That mean he's a firekeeper.
Then he is a she, right? Aren’t the Firekeepers female? She(?) IS sitting on a nest, after all. Dunno why a dragon would be a Firekeeper though, the first flame kinda messed with the whole everything-is-grey-but-that’s-okay dragon era. You’d think the Stone Dragon would be kind of salty about that
i got 30 dragon scales and yet i didnt get the torso stone help!
To think, than even in the events of DS3, this old dragon may still be there, resting. Waiting.
If it can survive the world resetting the yeah, just find it and use it as a guide for lordran in other games. Considering DS2 has dragon remnants covenant though, i think it died or doesnt exist
I like to think that this dragon is just some stoner. I mean think about it. He lives in the world's basement basically, it's filled with fog/smoke, the dragon's completely fine with you cutting off his tail, and he's just chilling there. I like to think that he thinks some **** like: "Wassup brooo. Wanna be a dragon? ****in sure dude, here, you can even get a stone. Oh **** bro, you just cut my tail. Eh, I don't ****in care, I'll just get a new one. Hey, where're you going? Don't you wanna smoke some Green Blossoms? Eh, come back whenever you want, I don't care."