This boss gave me ophidiophobia.

neonUneon

Souls: 50.00
Destroy the snake statues in the level to remove the poison pools in the boss area (actually just need a particular one, see
I don't know why but I really don't find this fight all that difficult. I died to him about three times because of simply stupid playing and the got the hang of him pretty easy.
T O X I C ! ! !
You can get a hidden trophy for fighting him in the main mission without destroying the snake-statues.
50 kills later... huh, it became easier. Who would’ve thought? But seriously though, the fight becomes easier if you focus high stance attacks on his sides, try to hit those snake arms if you get the chance. Makes is much easier. They will dissapear if you kill them (obviously) and imagine Dark Realm Yatsu-no-Kami without those little snakes distracting you. Not only will he not be able to grapple you anymore, his moveset just decreases with 50%.
After about 50 attempts (always solo) I managed to kill it. I still have no idea how to avoid its snake strangling attack, the one where you're close to it and its tail strangles you followed by a head sting and a push away (I play Nioh 2 in Movie mode, but expect this to be in Action mode too. I think it's described as: 'Yatsu-no-Kami will slams its whole body on the ground' above).

I don't understand what Team Ninja were thinking with this boss. It's sort of an interesting boss fight, but it takes way too many attempts to figure out, and the boss obviously has too much health.

After this boss fight the Onmyo novice training unlocks in the dojo, and if you've played your Onmyo points right, you can prepare 4-5 Sloth talismans for the next mission. You'll need it, because they throw in the clearly most difficult enemy from Nioh 1, Raven Tengu, there.
After about 50 attempts I managed to kill it. I had just a tiny bit of health left, but managed to sma***** by being aggressive in the final seconds, though my Ki was depleted. I still have no idea how to avoid its snake choking attack, the one where you're close to it and its body chokes you and then its head stings you. I mean, you have to go close to deliver damage or you won't win. I don't understand what Team Ninja were thinking with this boss. It's sort of an interesting boss fight, but takes way too many attempts to figure out and the boss obviously has a bit too much health. After this boss fight the Onmyo novice training unlocks in the dojo, and if you've played your Onmyo points right, you can prepare 4 Sloth talismans for the next mission. Hang in there.
After about 50 attempts I managed to kill it. I had just a tiny bit of health left, but managed to sma***** by being aggressive in the final seconds, though my Ki was depleted. I still have no idea how to avoid its snake choking attack, the one where you're close to it and its body chokes you and then its head stings you. I don't understand what Team Ninja were thinking with this boss. It's sort of an interesting boss fight, but takes way too many attempts to figure out and the boss obviously has too much health. After this boss fight the Onmyo novice training unlocks in the dojo, and if you've played your Onmyo points right, you can prepare 4 Sloth talismans for the next mission. Hang in there.
the best way to evade the choke i find is to do a double dodge forward and slighty left if you use a melee weapon like dual katana or tonfa. otherwise double dodge straight as soon as you see the effect for grab.
For the tail sweep just block it and for the tail smash hit is head before he strike.