Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Mergo’s Wet Nurse isn’t a great one

TheRetroGuy

Souls: 50.00
According to the Bloodborne trophies she is
She is a transcended great one i think
Amygdala isn’t a great one. Every great one is unique and their are loads of amygdala. Same applies to celestial emissaries.
it is, read the desciption on the Amygdala arm weapon and the trophy you get for killing it
those are "lesser amygdala"
I think the Amygdala is a collection of one entity. Like a hive mind.

The_Unkindled_Duck

Brain of Mensis is also a great one! In the game files he is also reffered to as "Rotten and Terrible great one"
I thought The One Reborn was a Great One?
I believe the one reborn is the college of Mensis's attempt (failed attempt) at creating a great one
the One Reborn is an artificial great one created by the school of mensis
Can you please just put these in the bosses page? Your subdivison is confusing

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 990.00
Wiki Edits: 7
Today I learned clicking a button is confusing.
He’s right though. The other subdivisions are based on where they’re encountered. Not only does this division stick out like a sore thumb for not following the same trend but it also makes the subdivisions completely redundant by containing bosses from all other categories of boss anyway. It’s a dumb way of doing things and you look dumb for defending it.

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

If you can point out where I defended anything, I'll gladly own it. However, since you can't, we'll get back to the reality, which is that clicking a button isn't as painful as OP is pretending it is.
Ya kna what it is....just when you think youve only got a few bosses left then you can move on to shadow dies twice with a clear conscience and I find this page listing a whole shower of *****s I need to defeat
This page is so wrong. The Great Ones (Elder Gods) are as follows: Rom, Ebrietas, Moon Presence, Mergo, Kos and the Nameless Vileblood Source. Amygdala is no Great One and is in fact never called one in the game. I'd more easily call them a Kin of Rom. Personally I separate eldrich enemies into three categories in this game: Kin, True Kin and Great Ones. Kin are your average run of the mill eldrich abominations. True Kin are specifc creatures of which every Great One has a single instance of: Mergo's Wet Nurse, Orphan of Kos, Rom's Dream Attack, Ebrietas, DAUGHTER of the Cosmos, Bloodletting Beast (Nameless Vileblood Source). The only exception is Moon Pressense because YOUR CHARACTER is PART of the Moon Presence. When you "kill" the Moon Presence, you're just playing your part in the cycle, becoming the next iteration of THAT Great One. YOU ARE THE MOON PRESENCE. To anyone who doesn't understand just good Bloodborne does its elder gods, I beg you, please read this, then analyze the game itself. The best part? Some Great Ones even show themselves. The Altar of Despair? That's Rom hanging out. That LAKE behind The Orphan of Kos (Which, guess what, you're actually fighting Orphan of Kos 2 born out of another dead True Kin, the corpse). THE LAKE is KOS! Mergo? You're literally STANDING IN HER NIGHTMARE Mergo's not a goddamn invisible baby this isn't Dark Souls. The Elder Gods are concepts in this game. They're UNKNOWABLE. I know I might sound pretentious spouting all this, but I know I'm right and I have to tell everyone because it's JUST SO GOOD. This game is Elder Gods done right. Ignore this page. You don't get anywhere near to touching an Elder God this entire game. Don't let people try to fool you. The only thing you ever do is sever your connection to Great Ones, which doesn't matter, because you're already fated to remain connected to the Moon Presence. That's an entirely different tangent too. Watch the cutscene at the start of the game. Two Great Ones interact with you there. One is Ebrietas, taking the form of a beast, which "lends a peaceful hand" to you before being BLASTED by the Moon Presence who CLAIMS YOU. YOU HAVE NO POWER. THE GREAT ONES JUST FIGHT OVER WHO GETS TO KEEP YOU. Abrietas gets you? You turn into a beast. Moon Presence gets you? You turn into a Hunter. Kos gets you? You get transferred from Moon Presence to Kos when you go crazy from the beastblood. Everything in the dreams is owned by the Great Ones. It's insane the lengths this game's devs went to make their Great Ones make perfect sense. It's just absolutely beautiful.

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

Cats have four rows of whiskers.
Except you're not Moon Presence. Moon Presence is the cause of the Scourge and after killing it, you become reborn as a Great One child.
Isn't Oedon a great one as well? Albeit one that isn't seen to my knowledge.
In the achievements they are listed as great ones. For example, upon killing Amygdala you get the achievement “Great One: Amygdala”.
You're a moron who can't read. This page just tells you what Great Ones you can fight in the game. Gtfo stupid *****head.
Amygdala is indeed a great one.
Someone's been watching way too many Vaati videos.
Wow you are not as knowledgeable as you are making yourself out to be, amygdala is a great one, so is Oedon lol. You are spouting speculation and telling people to believe you cuz you are just the no.1 source of all things bloodborne and you didn’t even make the game.
But you're the one who's "so wrong". Amygdala is in fact a great one, despite there being multiple of it (perhaps they are all really a part of one being). Also you can't seem to make up your mind. Is Ebrietas a "true kin" or a great one, because you address her as both. AND, there are two instances of the bloodletting beast, the other being a dead version hanging from the chandelier in old Yharnem. You're not following your own darn rules. Also-also, what is this "Nameless Vileblood Source" you keep mentioning? Where did you get that from? Oh Yeah! You like to turn your speculation into fact without evidence. You're right about one thing, it all does make perfect sense in the story... Without you blabbing nonsense (to me blasphemy) about it. Now, about your little interpretation of the cutscenes at the beginning of the game. Ludicrous! The beast is probably just a representation of the beast scourge and how it's about to consume you because of the transfusion underwentt. Of course you fight it off and proceed through the game as a hunter. Lastly, Yes, I am a disgusting fanboy. And I sincerely hope I'm not writing this over some brainlett 14 year old or something, but I'm under the influence and I just hated what this guy had to say.
Yup u r pretentious.
Creator of the comment here. I see a lot of you disagree, but I urge you to read the subtext baked into every aspect of this game. As for the greater confusion, this is because I did not consider looking at the achievements. After looking, I can safely say their accuracy cannot be trusted. Going from the top: You "are" the Moon Presence. Sure you are a "new" old one, but you're not really a "new" old one. It is simply part of a cycle of infinite rebirth, which is referenced heavily in the DLC. The achievements don't matter as that is often lost in translation or created after the completion of the game. That depends from game to game of course, but most devs don't seem to care to much about them. As for Amygdala, honestly maybe. The fact that it is never called a great one in the game makes me believe it is simply not one. Only the leader developers could answer that question since not enough it known from the game. I am not a moron who can’t read. Even beyond the more questionable ones like Amygdala, the Celestial Emissary and Mergo’s Wet Nurse bosses are most definitely not Great Ones, so the page is wrong either way. Oedon is a great one yeah, forgot about that one (for obvious reasons). Again, with the Amygdala stuff, I just don’t know. As for Amygdala, I now see where the confusion is coming from, that being the achievements, which I never even thought to look at or acknowledge. Now that I know that, I can safely say that the achievements cannot be trusted since the achievements list Mergo’s Wet Nurse and Celestial Emissary as Great Ones. Celestial Emissary is simply failures that attempted to become great ones (impossible through those methods). Mergo’s Wet Nurse is a true kin, not a Great One. Going off of that, it can be assumed that the rest of the trophy entries cannot be trusted for their accuracy, so I stand by my opinion that Amygdala is not a Great One. As for “making up my mind” I stated that Abrrietas is indeed a Great One. Abrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos (the boss), is a true kin, much like the “dream of Rom” is not really Rom. I never mentioned the bloodletting beast as a Great One. The blood is the key there, and is exactly why I called whatever that is the “nameless vileblood source”. The cutscene at the beginning of the game is indeed metaphorical, but so is this entire genre. The “beast scourge” as you call it is of course directly correlated with some Great One, as everything in Bloodborne is.
Amygdala is in fact a Great One. It also states that in the description of the Amydala's Arm.
"The arm of a small Amygdala Great One." Literally taken from the description of the Amygdalan Arm.
Just my 2 cents. But Amygdala could be both. I read in a few HP'S based story that the old one dont like each other most and figth. Amygdala's could be there ver of say soilders. Which is devoted too 1 being. That why there more then one them. And the top one get the title of elder god. That one way stronger. But still lesser then OG Eldergod. Also i think the original source of blood. May have been a part of the Moon presence. Its could be a chuck that didn't get eaten on a new cycle. Or as its getting old and lose it power it lost a piece of itself. Get found. Used to make low lvl EG till one gets strong enough kill it. Making it strong again and repeating the cycle.
So are you really trying to argue that the trophies, that the DEV of the game made and wrote themselves are false ? Are you really trying to argue that Squaresoft, literaly the ones who CREATED the Bloodborne lore and universe, doesn't know or can't decide which creatures are Great Ones or not ? This is not real life or historical events that can be contested ; it is a piece of FICTION. Therefore, if the creator of the fiction, Squaresoft in this case, decides to make any characters, like, I don't know, even Gerhman if they want to, a great one (I know he is not a great one, I'm saying that if Squaresoft wanted it, they could do it) by, I don't know ? F*cking writing on the loot ''This item belonged to Gerhman, a Great One'' (just like the Amygdala arm that you are trying to deny btw...) THEN. IT. IS. CANON. and there is absolutly NOTHING AT ALL that you can say or do that will change this fact ; it is a piece of fiction and the final word on what's canon or not goes to the writer and THAT'S IT. Deal with it.
Edit to the previous comment : I meant FromSoftware, not Squaresoft. I don't know why I mixed them
I truly can’t believe you have the audacity to say that the game itself is wrong, and only you are right. You are kinda dumb bud.

juakol

The only great one in this list is Moon Presence.
Nope

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

What a weird thing to lie about.
Cthulhu will rain supreme
Lmao it literally says "that the player can fight" that's why some aren't on this list