Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

I got her first run. Her sign is on the right side of the hydra arena next to a rock. After I used a humanity to reverse hollowing, her set appeared at the back of the cave where the golden golem was.
It doesn't matter if she dies. You can still get to the dlc through the normal process.
So after obtaining the Lordvessel and NOT setting it at Firelink Shrine, I went to Darkroot Basin to farm some Blue titanite Chunks. I went to Dusk to buy some spells just so I could have them for the playthrough. I did another run because I’m farming and noticed her summon sign was gone. I know the wiki says when you obtain the Lordvessel her sign disappears but I talked to her once already while having the it. Can someone explain this wanky danky bull*****

AutumnDusk_Wolf

Souls: 50.00
Well, if you take the rest of the community's word for it, you'd get told something like "itz cuz ur gey" or "you need to 'git gud' before complaining like a salty casul." Realistically, however, it is highly possible that was a bug in her triggering, which is known to be a bit glitchy. You could also check your inventory to see if you scooped up the Broken Pendant, as that activates the DLC, during which time Dusk is definitely not summonable. In any case, it is not a game-breaking issue, and until you rescue Dusk in the DLC, Elizabeth can effectively act as her substitute as a spell vendor (they sell the same spells); you find Elizabeth immediately after Sanctuary Guardian in the DLC. I know I'm not 100% satisfying your question, but hopefully this is a helpful pointer.
So i killed manus but didnt interact with dusk and didnt light the bonfire because i died, then when i returned back to her i couldn’t find her, i even went to darkroot basin and she still wasn’t there. What do ?
Yeah, im an idiot. I just had to summon her in the hydra area.

Alpan88

don't worry bro. had a similar issue. dusk was just whimpering at me when I killed manus, ungrateful *****. so reloaded to see of it "fixes" her. but she vanished. didn't realise I had to go back to basin to see her.

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 2,060.00
Wiki Edits: 239
Thanks for the clarification. I also couldn't find her and thought I wouldn't be able to get the Antiquated set this playthrough. I added a bit of clarification to the page so hopefully others don't miss this.
Baby, you must be Dusk of Oolacile, cause you're giving me Royal Wood, and all I want to do is check out your abyss so I can show you my hidden weapon trick. ;).
try tongue but hole

Alpan88

be wary of stranger
I have been playing for a while without summoning any npcs b/c I don't want to get invaded. If I summon her will it open me up to invasion?
Nah, you don't need to reverse hollow to summon dusk, which means you wort be open for invasions either.

Alpan88

just play in offline mode in settings. then you -cant- be invaded, even when human.
I'm here because Mew2King just keeps letting his Twitch chat convince him to swing on people.
I think he does it on purpose.
Hints on this stupid site are so misleading. I climbed the big *** ladder and kept dying around the river looking for her. While in fact she is on the left site of the LAKE below

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 2,060.00
Wiki Edits: 239
It explicitly says "Hug the left hand side of the lake and follow until you see a Golden Crystal Golem." No mention of a ladder. I think I might add it for clarity though, thanks for the feedback.
IMPORTANT: Killing the golden crystal golem with magic that has a lingering effect,such as chaos fireballs,can and will immediately kill Dusk. yup...