Wiki: Visit the Fallout 76 Wiki
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
@Ryzaki Admittedly it's Dark Souls themed, but this is the shrug gesture emote: :00006:
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Archon

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,329.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Emergence wrote:@Ryzaki Admittedly it's Dark Souls themed, but this is the shrug gesture emote: :00006:

Expanding so much and yet mostly remaining a Dark Souls forum. :00011:
The Archons were the ancient rulers of the Old Kingdom and were said to be immortal. Although the Archons are long gone, their bloodline lives on.

ThePreacher

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 660.00
Thanks for all the input. I've been playing for a while and I'm feeling a little cheesed off that I paid for the settlement DLC. Vault-Tec DLC was fun for an hour or so, but if I want ethicless experiments on helpless digital people, I'll play the Sims. I did enjoy making Codsworth into a sentry-bot though, plus filling a settlement with pink Protectrons because I could but Automatron was just too short in the end.

I think I'm about a third of the way through Far Harbour and it's really fun so far. I've gotten distracted by exploring, as I usually do, but I think I'll get it finished soon. Pretty interested to see how Nuka World works out, but I think Old World Blues will always be my favourite Fallout DLC.

Archon

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,329.00
Wiki Edits: 1
You can actually do ethical experiments in the game. Not that it changes the value of the DLC. Still utter ****.
The Archons were the ancient rulers of the Old Kingdom and were said to be immortal. Although the Archons are long gone, their bloodline lives on.

ThePreacher

Regular
Battle Tested

I know you can, but that's no fun; I didn't make a Joker lookalike to have ethics in the post-apocalypse.

Geralt_Of_Relays

Casual
Convict

Souls: 67.00
I've been overall disappointed with FO4, especially with all the time taken to make it. Still a good game, but doesn't live up to FO3 or NV IMHO. Too much emphasis on what is suppose to be an optional aspect of the game (settlements) and the DLC linked to it feels like it should have been in the core game to begin with.

Happy I got the season pass at the initial cheaper price, otherwise I'd have been royally tee'ed off. I agree Far Harbour is the best DLC by far at the moment, rather enjoyed it but agree I wouldn't have splashed $25 on it. I hope the fallout (no pun intended) from the community gets at least one more major story & quest driven DLC cranked out after Nuka World as the game overall seems rather light in this department.

ThePreacher

Regular
Battle Tested

Well, neither FO3 or FO4 are as good as New Vegas, and FO3s story is a mess anyway, but then again New Vegas did have some of the original Interplay staff working on it. Thankfully I got the base game for £30 and the season pass before it went up in price, so I'm still about £10-15 ahead of where I would be. I don't think Bethesda really focus on story like Obsidian do, so I think we're gonna have to put up with the story we get from Far Harbour and Nuka World. I don't think there would be so much irritation with FO4 DLC if it wasn't so settlement focused, or if two of the packs were condensed into one.

Dean_the_Young

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 141.00
Bethesda's always been about the world, while Obsidian has struck me as having a tighter focus on the narrative and characters. Bethesda is improving- Fallout 4 is a lot better on the story front than FO3 could hope to be- but yeah. FNV was great, and it's DLC all worked together to make a better story. FO4's DLC...

I got a season pass, and I think it was worth the money for the time I've gotten out of it. But I think you get exactly what it's being sold as, which is good and bad.

The settlement DLC isn't really worth the price... unless you like settlements. But then, it's not claiming to be anything else. I've yet to meet anyone who was surprised at what was in it.

Automatron was good fun like an action flick... which was what I was expecting. Again, getting what I asked for. It's fun in terms of adding a new sort of companion and modification mechanic to some of the old. I loved the mission itself. But it's just a high-quality quest-line.

Far Harbor was the one to go above and beyond what was required, or even expected. It learned from the base game, and it shows- new sorts of settlement quests (hunting), crafting expansion, etc. It had a strong emphasis on atmosphere, and it does that well. It even balanced factions more than I was expecting. FNV DLC was still better as a whole, but in terms of enjoyment it's a respectable showing.

Fallout 4 DLC has been an extension of the game. Not necessarily an improvement, but not worse either. Overall, I will approve, because it is showing progression and it's clearly them testing out ideas that I hope they remember to make standard-issue in the next game.

FO3 set up a world. FO4 tied it to characters and factions and a lot of good mechanics. FNV already did it right, but FO5 should be better yet.

ramthes

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 14,546.00
Wiki Edits: 2245
Yeah Far Harbor was good