Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Found a way to kill Karon without freeing him. I used Terrain Transmutation on the nearby poison, then centered the second destination on the cage. Little s*** ended up stuck in the poison and slowly died. I didn't get the combat XP, but it's a way to cheese the quest.
I did a similar thing, but as an Undead and with a barrel Deathfog. Same results with the Exp, but still fun imo.
Using chicken claw while Karon is still in the cage bugs him, so he turns into the mage and turns back into child form and non-hostile. You can then easily whack away until he's dead. You still get the XP from killing him.
Edit: Alternatively, you can engage in dialogue with him when chicken form wears off, and then you can engage in the fight with him and he will fight you while remaining in child-form, holding his magic wand lol.
Definitive Edition: Let him leave the sewer ritual area where you first meet him, he meets up with you in the area underneath the cathedral in Arx after you gain access past the blood-filled place. After killing him, talking to his soul, and passing a persuasion check, he gives you a Talent point.
In DE edition, you can consume the main spirit's source, which will in turn make the other spirits disappear so you can easily light the torches

Burvjradzite

Souls: 50.00
Works with every spirit, not just main one
In my play through I turned him into a chicken while he was still a boy in the cage and he teleported out as an adult then switched back to a child. I agreed to meet him in the tomb and he showed up as a child. It made for an incredibly easy fight as he had no armor or MR. I bursted him in one turn.
He also has no Armor whatsoever as an adult. At this stage in the game, the fight is trivial.
Lol i had bug when i reload the autosave that take me to start of the combat Karon had no armor at all, making the fight easier.
You do not get the same exp if you do this. You get about 70k or so on definitive edition. I killed him once this way, and once the normal way. The save-reload definitely gives less exp
I reloaded a save because I wanted to do things differently and the same thing happened made the fight really easy
Not sure why NO1 has mentioned any of this. But to find Karon again IF YOU HAVE RELEASED HIM AND LET HIM GO, you must get past the blood trial thing in the Cathedral. Once you pass that (must complete a series of quest in order to do so) then you will open a hatch in the cathedral. Once you go down the hatch and walk through the steel gates and just when you get to the bottom of the step, Karon will appear and have some dialog with you. I was looking around for this for a while not knowing that it was actually supposed to happen at the near end. wanted to share with everyone else so they werent wasting their time looking around for where to find him.
you can actually warp away before the dialogue and he'll follow, I had trouble with him so I warped to the hall of echoes and everyone there helped in fighting him.
If you fight him, one of his minions drops Vord Emver crossbow. Plus some XP. So this vs. 1 talent point (if you fight him later)?
This is a bit delayed, but you can still get the 1 talent point and Vord Emver as of Jul 16th, 2020 in Definitive Edition. I didn't free him initially and encountered him in Lucian's tomb. Kajun Frozenheart dropped the crossbow, and on killing Karon his spirit appears. I talked to the spirit with Lohse (my main) and got a Mystic tagged dialogue option. After that there is a speech check with Int, Finesse and one other tag. I chose Int and failed with 42 int and 5 in Persuasion (needed 6). Reloaded the save and buffed her with Encouraged and Peace of Mind, ended up passing that, and got the talent. I'm not sure if it works without the Mystic tag, though.
How do you get the talent point?
i lit the torches and freed him. he didn't fight me. he said he'll meet me under lucian's tomb; then he's gone. i guess the update has changed the game.
nope, its possible to walk too fast into the tomb and outrun his appearance, I just did it. he also tends to talk to the wrong party member of your party a lot. I was hasted so when I ran directly to the waypoint in front of me, he is just chilling by the stairs behind you as you walk in. You probably just left him behind without ever initiating dialogue with him. No big loss though, he only gives modest exp and his companions dont seem to give any at all, theres four of them, all level 19. He spawns directly behind you so if you don't hang around upon entering its easy to miss him completely.
Anyone else have the damn game crash on them during the fight in Lucian's tomb? I was down to my last enemy and the game just went kaput, when the only other crash I'd experienced was the "wedding cake" crash that's well-documented. Super annoying!