Discuss the game as well as comments posted to our The Surge Wiki and The Surge 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Endjinn9

Souls: 50.00
I tested a number of different approaches to determine how to get 3 items from defeating Cain: The Ungula Universalis, Red Hot Poker, and Parrobotic Drone. If you drain the pool before the fight, you get the Red Hot Poker, otherwise, you receive the Tenta-kill. If you break the shield on the left arm during the fight, you receive the Parrobotic Drone. If you do NOT sever CAIN's legs, you will also receive the Ungula Universalis and in total receive 3 items for the kill. I did not receive the Ungula Universalis if I severed his legs. Standing in the oil puddles / being hit by oil spray did not change the rewards. I was unable to sever CAIN's right arm before he died. In total, I ran over 6 versions of the CAIN fight with a save just prior to its start.
The Kingdom of Science prevails! Thank you for testing the various ways to maximize the hardcore kill yield. Senku would be proud! (Dr. Stone reference)
Tested this myself and it is perfect. Basically you want to drain the water, damage the left arm until it disappears and the focus on the right arm until cain dies to get all three. It should also be noted that you can also buy the tentaa-kill from the vend-a-tron afterwards.
"Tested this myself and it is perfect. Basically you want to drain the water, damage the left arm until it disappears and the focus on the right arm until cain dies to get all three. It should also be noted that you can also buy the tentaa-kill from the vend-a-tron afterwards." This worked wonders. Also, if you use EMP starfish on the left arm, the parrot drone is stunned and you can easily destroy it in one take, without it flying away (I used GAIA Lancer Mk. VIII)
The Hardcore kill is wrong.. to get 3 items you need broke all their 8 legs, after broken the left arm
so how do you fight him if you DONT drain the pool? you cant fight him if the pool is full of water since you cant swim so arent you forced to drain the pool to start the fight in the first place?

Endjinn9

Souls: 50.00
I tested a number of different approaches to determine how to get 3 items from defeating Cain: The Ungula Universalis, Red Hot Poker, and Parrobotic Drone If you drain the pool before the fight, you get the Red Hot Poker, otherwise, you receive the Tenta-kill. If you break the shield on the left arm during the fight, you receive the Parrobotic Drone If you do NOT sever CAIN's legs, you will also receive the Ungula Universalis and in total receive 3 items for the kill. I did not receive the Ungula Universalis if I severed his legs. Standing in the oil puddles / being hit by oil spray did not change the rewards. I was unable to sever CAIN's right arm before he died. In total, I ran over 6 versions of the CAIN fight with a save just prior to its start.
I could always get Ungula Universalis, either I cut one, zero or all the legs. But I could never get the Parrobotic Drone somehow.
I finally got the Parrobotic Drone as well! It's not the left arm that drops it, but the actual drone perched on it. Every time you the left arm he flies away into the air, so you have to wait he gets back. If you his left arm too fast (without waiting for the drone to perch back on his left arm), you won't get the Parrobotic Drone, as you won't be able to deplete all the energy bar from the drone.
I finally got the Parrobotic Drone as well! It's not the left arm that drops it, but the actual drone perched on it. Every time you hit the left arm he flies away into the air, so you have to wait he gets back. If you his left arm too fast (without waiting for the drone to perch back on his left arm), you won't get the Parrobotic Drone, as you won't be able to deplete all the energy bar from the drone.
I finally got the Parrobotic Drone as well! It's not the left arm that drops it, but the actual drone perched on it. Every time you hit the left arm, the drone flies away into the air, so you have to wait it gets back. If you hit CAIN's left arm too fast (without waiting for the drone to perch back on it), you won't get the Parrobotic Drone, as you won't be able to deplete all the energy bar from the drone.
Just the legs Tested