Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

hmm Why is that the correct order? According to the poem it should be:

"Our first lord babes with power glowed" muscle (Vrogir)
our second's born in blood that flowed. blood (Tir-cendelius)
Our third's young to the wind returned, wind (Duna)
our fourth's to glowing flames adjourn. fire (Zorl Stissa)
Our fifth lord's cubs with minds were blessed, mind (Xantessa)
our sixth's had brawn beyond the rest. magic (Armadia)
Our seventh's brood spread from earth to glen, and thus no king shall rise again. earth (Rhalic)

However, this order doesn't work. Can someone explain the logic?
Your English is lacking; power is more general than brawn, which refers to physical power.
Brawn = Muscle = Orc = Vrogir
Power = Magic = Wizard = Amardia

red_rose

Souls: 630.00
Wiki Edits: 109
It works fine.
i started a new game and the order listed here doesn't work anymore. any ideas to get past it?
how do i supposed to hit a pillar with mind skill? it doesnt work for me
Just right click the pillars...
If you're confused about the order for the puzzle you may be using the first order the article lists, which is just listing all the pillars. The order you activiate them is right below that if you keep reading: "The correct order is: Amadia, Tir, Duna, Zorl, Xantessa, Vrogir, and finally Rhalic."
i was super god damn confused because they always said rhalic was the ELDEST god. so why is amadia the first? according to this ""Our first lord babes with power glowed, our second's born in blood that flowed. Our third's young to the wind returned, our fourth's to glowing flames adjourn. Our fifth lord's cubs with minds were blessed, our sixth's had brawn beyond the rest. Our seventh's brood spread from earth to glen, and thus no king shall rise again." so i assume it wen't reverse order this doesn't realy make sense to me because the second one after that was volgnir and that doesn't make sense because Tir Cendelius is supposed to be blood and it messes up the order because it implyes volgnir was the second eldest
I think that the order isn't based on their age, or first appearance or anything. If you have Fane in your party while talking to Aetera, Amadia possesses him for a short chat with her, afterwards Aetera mocks Fane about his precious lady Amadia betraying him, she was the first, who started the rebellion/uprising of the Seven. So that might be the reason, why her pillar is the first to be activated. It was basically her action, that led to the Seven Gods (well her and Fane's).
Still me (the previous poster): what's strange, when Amadia speaks through Fane, it's Fane's voice, but later, when Lohse's demon speaks through her, it's his voice, not Lohse's. Shouldn't Amadia speak with her own voice (the one from her shrine in the Seeker's camp), or shouldn't Adramahlihk speak with Lohse's voice like he does in the Hall of Echoes visions? That's the real confusing thing, not the order of the pillars. XD

mxrigg

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Tip if you are struggling with Aetera: The Eternal Stalkers have high attack but low magical armor and resistances. Aetera has lots of physical armor but otherwise no physical resistances. Charming the stalkers to strip her physical armor makes this fight so much more manageable. Good opportunity for one of those Mind Maggot grenades.
tip for the fight: jump on aetera and kill her. with wolves left if it's too much just jump off to the furthest side and it will automatically escape the fight.
Filled two crates full of oil barrels, stacked them right where Aetera spawns, used phoenix dive and teleport to get all the dogs in the middle, then blew up the barrels. Instant 50% HP and 0 armor Aetera. The rest of the fight was not too bad even though my chars were one level lower than the mob.
Aetera is undead...heal her!
why does she hate fane?