Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Jump over her sweep attack is the key, deal big damage posture to her.
I bought Sekiro on release, I always play my first run of a fromsoftware game without any spoiler and because I played too much dark soul I was playing using only attack and dodge, ignoring posture and just chipping at vitality. This boss was the moment this method stopped working, after countless death I couldn't even take the one deathblow against her or the corrupted monk, ended up wasting all my confetti then put the game on hold for months in frustration. I kept reading online that you have to use deflect and playing Sekiro like a soul game make it harder so I gave this fight another shot yesterday and killed her in less than 15 try. Spam those deflect people !
I’m surprised it took you this long, it was the ninja on the pagoda and in the well that taught me how to play this game
So, replaying this and reaching O'Rin today, I found that merely approaching her from the side- either side- before talking to or provoking her allowed for a free deathblow. Moving directly behind her, the prompt reverted back to dialogue. I spent a long time just circling her to make sure of the consistancy of this. It also took me two attempts to kill her and I was able to do the same thing both times, starting the fight with one free deathblow just for walking up along her side. No ceramic shard needed. Nothing. Anyone else?