Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

SPOILER AHEAD READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after I reach Reaper's Coast, Origin companions who is not in my party is considered killed in the encounter with Dallis, and player is given the option to hire mercenaries which is pretty much custom companions. Amirite?

-emily
Again, SPOILER

I hired a mercenary. If the player dismiss the mercenary (for now, said the dialogue) the mercenary will leave permanently, not temporarily, and will leave a backpack (containing all the items from their inventory) in the player's inventory.

-emily
I recruited Sebille whilst playing with a friend, who recruited Red Prince. Once we joined the ship, and they leave you temporarily, my friend re-recruited his own and Sebille. Now it treats it as if she was not originally hired by me, and I lost the ability to interact with her. Even if he dismisses her, I can't hire her back. Is this intended, or a bug? I don't want to restart the game just because of this.
They could kick sebille from the party and then you can re invite her

eligio19

Souls: 125.00
Wiki Edits: 15
companion image thumbnails are outdated
there are only 6 companions to recruit? seems wierd considering you meet them all almost right away.... mad eit seem there would be lots throughout the game.
There are only 6 and you can only recruit 3 of them. You can have only a party of 4 people including you. Unless using mods, that allow more.
Is it possible romancing while playing a pre-made character? Per say, if I play Lohse, can I romantically involve with Ifan?
Yes you can
how to get a elf mercenary
if you escape fort joy you can hire different people from sergeant zrilla
What happens to the companions gear when I dismiss them? Will they hand everything over or will they keep it until I recruit them again?
They should keep most items on themselves, except quest items, I guess. I usually stick to my party, but there are times, when you get separated and you need to re-recruit them, to continue your journey together (like on board Lady Vengeance), I left a heavy locked chest with Beast, when the party "disbanded", later, when I met them again, got the whole party back one by one, Beast still had all things on him, including that heavy chest. I've got some stuff from them, when they left, but again, I think it were quest items mostly, not sure. But their gear left with them.