Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

The Void Worm isn't triggered by Alexandar's death; a couple rounds into the fight the worm will spawn whether he's alive or not.
it'll trigger with either his death or a certain amount of turns have passed
I left the Fort Joy, and boarded the ship, now SPOILER!!!!! can I kill him again in coma or does that affect the story line?! I play Ben-Mezd, and he has the contract to kill him, and after killing him I got the update in Ben-Mezd's personal quest that Alexandar is finally dead?!
You can kill him for his black gem if you want because he will die anyways when you "SPOILER" enter the hall of echoes.
He won't die, he's later seen alive in the elven temple in ACT III. He's only missing, presumed dead, but not really dead, like for sure, when you enter HoE for the first time.
Actually it's not his death that triggers the worm but the level of HP. If I ignore him the worm doesn't spawn no matter how many turns pass. But if i focus him i notice once his HP is either damaged or possibly brought to half the worm will spawn and you get dialog with him which allows you to say "It will kill us both" which then they will ignore you for the worm.
the easiest and most fun way to kill Alexander is as follows: start dialog with one of your characters. have one character travel around the map gathering every ooze and oil barrel you can find. send those barrels to a third character who will then place them around Alexander and the gheist. get your characters into position to fight and then light em up. not only is this a good way to one shot 3 enemies, it is also a fun fireworks show.

here are some examples:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175180376
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175181620
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175182470
Yeah I tried this myself. Probably because I didn't have enough barrels, the explosion only dropped him to half health (along with removing all of his magic armor) and failed to kill any of the others, it still made the fight a lot easier.

Totally worth the extra effort though.
It took some time, but I was able to round up enough barrel to one-shot kill him. But, this was so funny, that it was tottaly worth of effort
Favoured Son Achievement is received via persuasion check in the Academy [End Of ACT 3]. Spent so much time trying to figure this one out. Other guides say you get in the elf camp, but that's just not true.
I am fairly sure that the death of alexander is not the trigger for the drillworm, since in my case, the void worm itself is what killed alexander. I think its either percent health based, or turns elapsed based.
Its possible to "kill" Alexander during the Atusa scene

1. Grab a (or all) deathfog barrels from the Merry Weather via telekinesis or 13(?)+ strength

2. Place the barrel by Alexander during cutscene

3. Blow it up. His body will disappear and you should get enough experience for level 3

4. Run away and come back afterwards for the two-handed weapon where Dallis was standing

5. Block off the death fog will barrels and boxes
Woops

Block off the death fog **with** barrels and boxes

To prevent cat and Gawin from dying in it
During the actual fight with Alexander, he had 0 health.

So one shot of Piercing damage kills him.

Unsure if this is caused by the Deathfog kill or by the possession of the Piercing damage crossbow.

Also the Deathfog can be burned away by placing oil underneath it and lighting it on fire to smoke it out.
I love that I ripped his face off, but yet, he still is alive.
This is my method for fighting Alexandar easily in tactical difficulty: condition: "teleportation" spell, all of four team member can summon Totems method: 1. There is a broken bridge at east side of ruin, transport all of your team to the other side where a treasure chest is located. 2. Adjust positioning of members, until summoning Totem accross the bridge become possible (you need to step close to the edge of broken bridge) 3. Summon something (cat in my case) accross the bridge, force attack Alexandar, initate battle, lure enemy towards the broken bridge 4. Summon Totem accross the bridge once enemy is close enough, they will see Totem, all team member should engage in battle, now. 5. Summon Totems continuously across the bridge while your enemy can't do anything except attacking Totems. If someone manage to teleport across to your side, throw it back with "teleportation" 6. If the void worm appears, split your team to prevent AOE. In my case, I didn't test if splitting team prevents worm's AOE, because the worm teleported itself to my Totems...... where Alexandar and his crew stands, and all I needed was summoning Totems in a non-stop fashion while Alexandar and the worm kill each other, and then I won