Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

Got to absolutely love dropping to 3 regens, especially in City of Falling Flame/Emily's area, and how we can't even regen health at a mistle. Sets a very hard/high bar for co-op helping in that one map. Either you have the layout memorized and a NG+2 health pool, or you're willing to use flame tonics like candy...and a NG+2 health pool. Those lava areas are a pain. So, imo, they really need to fix a few things to get co-op working for *all* maps. Outside of this one issue, everything works fairly well. Here's hoping it gets fixed sometime after patch 1.04.

Kalthramis

Casual
Convict

Souls: 1,589.00
Wiki Edits: 308
Matchmaking seems? to be level-based. Also, you can join someone who is in NG+ while you are in NG.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,821.50
Wiki Edits: 295
Matchmaking is area based. You can't be summoned by someone in an area you haven't been too in that NG cycle. Likewise, you can't be summoned by people in the depths while you're in the main world, and vice versa.

Level doesn't matter, because it will set you to the level of the host, regardless of if they are higher or lower than you. I've been summoned by people around level 50 despite being over 200 in my world.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout

Kalthramis

Casual
Convict

You can turn off area-based matchmaking, and I believe its off by default. It's true that you'll only be summoned as far into that run as you've been yourself, but you can be summoned to entirely different zones. It could be anecdotal, but I get a lot more matchmaking on my level 30 alt than I do on my level 205 main.
There definitely seems to be something limiting the matchmaking. My level 250 main has to wait for hours at a time for a co-op partner, while my lvl 35 alt gets one in minutes.
is offline modding allowed or a trainer

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

I've seen some outfit and weapon model mods, but beyond that I dunno.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout

Kalthramis

Casual
Convict

To those wanting PvP: I can understand, and it in theory sounds nice. However, Code Vein was built with PvE in mind. Multiplayer wasn't even originally planned at all. Consider also how Gift-based combat is, and how easy it would be to make unbeatable 1-shot builds for PvP. Think back to Dark Souls 1 vanilla launch and what PvP was like then; now make it 10x worse. That's how Code Vein's PvP would be.
If you guys want pvp so bad go play CoD
how does multiplayer effect weapon and blood veil level? Is it like Dark Souls 3 where you connect with players with weapons 2 levels above/below you?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Your equipment level doesn't seem to be effected. A +10 sword will stay +10.
Has anyone asking for the pvp tried playing a game just to enjoy it and not enrage and ruin it for other? Just curious.
You sound like the type of kid who used to threaten to tell your parents when the children at school teased you.

Shadowangel615

Souls: 50.00
No, he/she sounds like the kind of person who just wants a fun gaming session without anyone ruining it for him/her.