Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

tbh, I never farmed for emblems, never bought them either. idk whats with the outcry in the comment section, I racked up 250 emblems in early mid game just by playing the game and killing enemies. dont spam your tools, use them situationally, your sword is more reliable than any tools u have

Secthelock

Casual
Convict

Souls: 690.00
Wiki Edits: 127
people have well-constructed arguments for their "outcry" - it would become you to read them, understand them, and react politely and constructively to them, preferably with good arguments of your own with which you can then defend the spirit emblem system. If you cannot be bothered with these basic necessities of debate, kindly keep your "opinions" to yourself
OP here, I offered my counter arguement at the end, didnt u see it?
That's... not an argument, never mind a counter argument. Guy before has a point, but it's inapplicable, getting all irritated over what is a really just a comment and advice.
after i defeat genichiro the cost raised to 20, i didn't find the ape, but after defeat corrupted monk that guards the stone it raises to 30, i guess it raised if you defeat plot point boss

Secthelock

Casual
Convict

Souls: 690.00
Wiki Edits: 127
i updated the wiki to reflect this, i found the same thing in my latest playthrough
this totally kills the pace in mid-late game, suddenly i'm always out of resources, means i barely get to use my cool gadgets, means i die more often, so i can't afford anything or make any progress. back to running in circle and farming. oh boy! that's just bad game design.
In the dojo when you return, you can farm the enemy in the dojo for 2 a run, each run is aroun 30secs
Plus you don't really need to spam tools to beat the game, most of the time kusabimaru is enough
I wish at least the Sen Throw wouldn't cost Spirit Emblems....I mean you already consume Sen as a resource
Is there a good farming spot for these?

gunsogiroro

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
The estate memory. Killing everyone is about 2000 sen with both virtuous deeds. Just focus on the second and third carvings enemies for speed. You could get more with Sinister Burden and Mibu Balloons. The money balloons can be used after you kill everyone. Just activate it and run through the level.
holy paper quicksilver bullets
**** unexplained mechanic. What kind of a shuriken requires paper dolls to be activated? Such a massive downgrade from the storytelling of Dark Souls
Unreasonable hostility aside, the guy below me is kinda right. This is a fantasized version of the Sengoku period, but this isn't a Souls setting either; it's set in a fictionalized version of the real world, so it has to make sense in a real way to some extent. Souls of the dead in the form of paper being the sole cost of your gadgets & skills is pretty lazy game design-wise and doesn't really make sense in a A=>B manner of speaking. How does soul paper turn into a metal shuriken? It kinda makes sense for the Flame Vent and a few others, but why do you need them to use a physical retractible axe or spear that's attached to your arm? Spirit Emblems fit in the story thematically, but they haven't really been implemented logically as a mechanic. Though it wasn't a focus because it was mostly hidden, Bloodborne did this better with 'Story in Stats', such as Eileen possibly being from Cainhurst due to her defense values making sense. But I digress, ninjutsu hasn't really been implemented well either, since it feels like an afterthought and you can go without it 99% of the time. Prosthetic tools should really have their own ammo or usage count, with a tool that allows you to replenish them after a channel time and cost spirit emblems. Also it would be better if spirit emblems were the cost for everything else; namely combat arts, ninjutsu, and item tools/infinite consumables. There should have been more ninjutsu than just three, and not have them constrained to deathblows. Finger Whistle, Divine Abduction and Mist Raven definitely should have been ninjutsu. So to let players play around some more, each spirit emblem upgrade should grant three instead of one, increasing the cap to 30. To offset this, actions that cost spirit emblems would have incrementing cost that increases with repetitive use. For example, say Whirlwind Slash costs 1 SP. If you use it again immediately after or use any other action that cost SP (Like I mentioned in the Combat Arts page[27 Jul 2019 04:58] that we should be allowed 2 combat arts instead of 1), the cost would add to 2 and so on. There would also be skills that cost 0 or even -1, meaning they don't cost SP on the 1st and 2nd casts. Each cost stack would last 7 seconds which can be shortened by learning a passive skill. Also to balance this stacking cost and fix the mechanic in general, you wouldn't buy spirit emblems anymore (really gold for souls from a statue? It makes sense to learn skills, pray and confront memories, and even cure dragonrot, which is mystical in a sense, but how does a statue convert sen into soul paper?); instead you have a small chance of earning a spirit emblem with each perfect deflect, which encourages gitting gud in Sekiro. Also, amount of sen dropped doesn't increase with each NG. Really, it trivializes so many things that a lot of items lose their worth. Not to mention, the only tool that uses sen is kinda pointless.

gunsogiroro

Regular
Battle Tested

Grind the estate memory with mibu balloons. Don't bother with Sinister Burden which will slow you down. Stock up before fighting Genichiro. Go for both virtuous deeds asap as they really add up and you need thousands of sen.

gunsogiroro

Regular
Battle Tested

Also virtuous deeds give a better return on spirit emblam use them putting skill points into one more spirit emblam capacity.