Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Does Malcontent work on her illusions? If not it would be a shame

gunsogiroro

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
The game will actually warn you after several deaths that the memory boss is far stronger than anything in the level where you aquire the memory. It actually recommends coming back later after killing a few main line bosses.
I've found that relentlessly attacking her and tossing a shuriken at her when she flies into the air & flips is an easy way to go about beating her. You don't need to be afraid of her close-range attacks, as deflecting right as you stop attacking or she deflects *you* will net you a perfect deflect and another opening. If she flies into the air and conjures up illusions, just sprint around the boss arena until she dispels them and when the many wisps come flyin' at you, dodge like a madman. I don't mean to say this as a "hardcore gamur" because it honestly feels as if she wasn't intended to be beaten by someone like me, but so long as you aren't passive in any part of the fight... she has no way at all to win.
worst boss ever
imagine how lethal she was when she was young
If you immediately attack her when she appears on phase 2 you can prevent her from using her illusion attack, you can potentially defeat her without giving her time to use it but you'll need to be on the offensive always. Keep attacking and using shurikens on her jumps and you should defeat her.
Spam dodge then attack worked like a charm. Her fight was easier then the two mini-bosses in the area.
What a steaming crock of horse5hit. There’s nothing more fun than trying to beat a difficult boss that requires ultra-precise blocks and attacks with mushy controls that are about as responsive as a snail encased in molasses under ten feet of water.

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,000.00
Wiki Edits: 7
What are you *really* angry about?
Git Gud
They could probably make an interesting DLC using her as a player character, have it set in Usui’s forest where you could see more of her backstory and training
Well, if the devs goal with this boss was to get people to quit the game mission accomplished. I am by no means a novice, and I enjoy a good challenge, but this is an absolute joke. No boss should have THREE different attacks that take away 80% of your health AND endless armies of ghost zombies AND endless swarms of death wisps. Why not give her invisibility and instant death eye lasers too...?
Learn the dodge-hit method & git gud. I thought her and Juzou were f*cking harder than morning wood until this evening.

AntonShea53

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,000.00
Wiki Edits: 7
Why not dodge?
Imagine complaining about the illusions lul
I’ve owned the game less than two weeks and the first time I fought her she was hard, she was the first boss I encountered. On my second playthrough I realized how slow and open she is to attacks, she really i such an easy boss.