Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I think they mean that if Lorian is parried then you can't follow with a riposte. You can riposte Lorian only if he's poise broken
That is what he meant.
Parrying is a bad mechanic, probably one of the biggest design flaws in Soulsborne. Why? Because it utterly trivializes some fights to the point that they resemble quicktime events. Watch a video of the Champ Gundyr or Suly fights without parrying, then watch them with parrying. It's also utterly cancerous for PVP; a SINGLE well-timed input should not automatically hand you the win, ESPECIALLY in a multiplayer environment as laggy as DS. We would be better off if parrying was reworked for a more balanced risk/reward ratio, because***** is wack. I'm sure some half-literate dolt will be butthurt that I'm daring to insult such an integral mechanic which they rely on as a crutch and tell me to 'git gud'.....when my entire point is that parrying makes the game way too cheesy/easy.
If they parried you I say they earned it, I do agree that the hornet ring is bull and you shouldn’t really be able to parry any bosses, but for pvp it definitely is a risk situation because if they mess up guess what they are stuck in R1 spam
Anyone who uses parry as a crutch is doing it completely wrong. But being able to parry someone takes time and dedication to learn, it isn't just something you can do right away. And if you're being parried all the time, change up your fighting style, or use a weapon that can't be parried or one that is difficult to telegraph.
Ur mom likes when i parry

jakeinator21

Souls: 55.00
Eh, I disagree. I can beat the game with or without parry, I just find it more fun with parrying. It requires me to actually learn which attacks can be parried and when, whereas rolling requires a lot less study and shielding even less. I don't think I'd enjoy the games as much without parrying because dodge rolling all the time would get stale and wouldn't give me much reason to familiarize myself with enemy movesets because I can just reaction roll almost anything. I agree the hornet ring is OP in pvp, but parrying in general in pvp is still a hard to learn skill and I think that sort of effort should be rewarded.
complete diagree. Parrying takes much time to learn, is fun, and by far not all weapons can be parried. also if you like stealth gameplay parrying, riposting, backstabbing and hornet ring is a must have. also, if there was no parry, would you like to get R1/L1/weapon art spammed without being able to do***** against it???
Sunset shield (hodrick’s shield) is not listed
I'm pretty sure you CAN riposte Elder Prince Lorian, but only in the 1st phase. Not positive tho.
you can, but idk if also after parry. but you can at least stager riposte him

KitsuneTatsuki

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 932.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 42
Like what August 3rd anon said, parrying doesn't let you riposte, but if you get enough hits off to stagger him, you can riposte. Strange enough.....
parry niggas = b1tch a55 niggas
Can say niggas but not *** or *****
lol fckin casuals git gud
Look at this salty STR nibba
My great 2h club just got parried so that’s inaccurate.

KitsuneTatsuki

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 932.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 42
Running and rolling attacks can be parried while twohanded.
A few weeks ago, got a poise break in Lorain w/ a spiked mace and performed a reposte. Guide says U can’t reposte. It’s probably new,but,I can never seem to find current patch notes for console.
You can riposte him after poise breaking. However you cannot riposte him after parrying. That's what this page meant by "You can't Riposte".
Apparently this has changed because I just got parried doing an R1/R2 combo with the Astora Greatsword
Did you do a rolling or running attack in that combo? Because if you did, those can be parried.
Great sword can be parried only ultras can't
Astora greatsword is a ultra
You sure it wasn't wasnt the r1 weapon art combo? WA can be parried
U can riposte Prince Lorian
Only after poise breaking. Parrying does not allow you to riposte him.