Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Another great EXP farming spot, that is about as good as the endgame Ashina Outskirts Stairway (killing the 5 nearest enemies and then resetting) in terms of exp to time ratio, and can also be accessed a little earlier, is at Fountainhead Palace - Flower Viewing Stage. I've done some testing, and was able to consistently run the farming route in roughly 71 seconds, and getting 10095 EXP for each run (That is in NG+, the rate in NG should still be as good, just with less EXP), ending up at about 142 EXP per second, which is just a little less than you would get at Outskirts. Here's a guide for the run: You start at the Flower Viewing Stage idol, turn back form the bridge, and kill the noble right past the gate ( I'd advise to use charged running attacks instead of a deathblow backstab, because it saves time). Then run at the next noble in view, slap him once so he can be deathblowed, but instead use the vault over skill to backstab him and activate the bloodsmoke ninjutsu, allowing an easy backstab on the spear wielding enemy to the left. Immediately pop Gachiin's Spiritfall (Candy should be avoided since they are limited) and head straight up the wooden stairs, towards the wall with a hole in the floor next to it. Move ahead, PAST the bridge, and then turn left to stealthblow the noble near the 2 samurai enemies. Use bloodsmoke on the noble, and then again on the 1st samurai, saving more time by stealth killing all 3 of them. Now when facing the wall they were standing at, head LEFT, around the corner and inside the building killing the noble inside. Head back out and further down the hallway and you should see the next noble through a wooden grid wall. take a right to avoid being spotted by the enemies outside and one shot the noble on the bridge. if you look to your left you should see the next noble. Kill him and head back towards the bridge, but instead of going over it head all the way to the end til you hit the wall (You should not be spotted if your Gachiin. The next enemy to kill is a larger samurai sitting inside the building and can easily be stealth killed from behind if you enter the building from the back. The last noble is right ahead of you and can be dangerous if you don't rush him immediately, because he will start his 'aging' attack as soon as you killed the samurai, so look out for that. Homeward after this, and repeat.
Without tantoo before every bloodsmoke so not worth it in terms of emblems.
Best farming spot is definitely Flower Viewing Stage in Fountainhead Palace, just avoid the nobles playing the flute cus you know what happens if they get you
Yup this is exactly my top spot too. Flute guys are easy though cause they all die in one hit but you have to be carefull just one at a time.
I found the best grinding point for me on ng+2 it gives me about 9900 xp in less than a minute WITH the kuro charm so you could earn more if you gave it away. After the red guards come and invade Ashina castle, , there will be a chained Ogre in the center room down, dont kill him. Instead spawn at the Old Grave bonfire and go up the bridge and kill the spear guy who is praying that will net you 1823xp. Then jump in the water and swim across and grapple up the platform to sneak behind the red guard that is waiting to attack you from the corner. This gives 2707 XP. Then you should have unlocked the door to the right which leads to the Ogre. Just go by the front and aggro the Ogre which will try break free but then there are 2 red guards in the room that will try attack the Ogre. As soon as the Ogre breaks free and those 2 red guards are around him they will die instantly, giving you 5404 xp. Repeat.
does this mean that there is a limit of total 63 skill points you can gain in the whole game? this would mean that you can never reach a strength of 99 AND all skills together...
dumb question of mine, sorry!

TheEndingDay

Souls: 134.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Not dumb; that chart's easy to misread if you're not used to it. For anyone else who mistakenly thinks this, pay attention to the right side of the chart, which shows scaling from 64 to 128.
I heard that enemies and bosses are scaling with your strength. is that true?
If they scaled with strength, what would be the point in leveling strength?
That's exactly why I ask. I have a strength of 24 but it cannot feel any change since 10 points or more. I fought Genishiro / Isshin endboss and do same damage. so it feels for me? Or does strength only affected with the posture?
I think there is a soft limit on how much vitality and posture damage you do for bosses. After reaching a certain level of attack, the game might negate any excess damage that can be done for balancing purposes. Besides, why would you want to one-shot the sword saint? It's simply no fun and not challenging at all.
Best and most low effort farming spot is Upper Tower - Antechamber (SPOILER) after you defeat the Divine Dragon. Kill the purple ninja and reset. Destroy all the walls after your first kill, it's faster than running all the way around. If you mess up and have to fight him, you can either just use your hidden tooth to quick die or spam your sen throw up close to break posture.
It should take you about 8 seconds per run. 3156 EXP at NG+2 with charm. Adds up to roughly 1,420,200 an hour.
But you have to spend to for rest. I think 5 reset per minute to be exact. Anyway, it's best. Second maybe the Main hall tour with 3 big guys and 2 solders (Purification ending)
Best farming spot is the spear guy at the estate when you kill the drunk guy for a second time. On NG I was getting 1700 XP and about 500 Sen, also dropped loads of coin bags and materials too. Easy backstab and the idol (the one on the way to where lady butterfly was) is right next to him.
From my personal experience, the fastest way to farm seems to be from the Mibu Manor idol. Just run through, one-shot each of the nobles, quickly kill the Samurai, and profit big time. It's also fantastic for money farming at the same time.
Best XP grinding spot I've found (better than fire-stairway) also requires non-shura ending: Antechamber, kill the Purple Ninja, Drop down to the wooden beam and Idol back. The Ogre (you must not have killed him) is going to kill the 2 red guys while you're using the Idol (looking down ALWAYS killed both for me). NG+3 ~14k xp per run, only problem is the loading screen.
Even with the loading screen (regular PS4) it was faster for me than a "god" time on fire-stairway. Results may vary obviously.
I think you mean Playthrough 4 because im on Playthrough 3 and im netting 8500 Exp per run

TheEndingDay

Souls: 134.00
Wiki Edits: 6
NG+3 is playthrough 4, Anon.
You don't need to jump down and trigger a load screen to get back. Just use the Malcontent finger whistle while looking down at the wooden beam you normally drop to. This will trigger the ogre. Wait a second, then sprint back to antechamber idol, rest and repeat. Will take some time getting the timing right, though.
Best mid game spot is at ashina depths mibu village idol sneak up on purple ninja deathblow then repeat