VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 383,389.49
Bank: 9,143.71
Wiki Edits: 32716
Nioh 2 Closed Alpha is live and available for the invited to join and enjoy!

I just got in and could not be more hyped that I FINALLY get to ninja girl samurai cosplay :D
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,550.00
Fex, I also got the invite and have been playing the heck out of it. It is remarkably polished for an alpha. It’s pretty much ready. I forgot where to post feedback. Do you know where?

I like you can now summon 2 visitors but they made the game harder to play solo. I barely made it to the halfway point in the second mission on my own, with only 8 flasks. Of course I’ve been helping others but when the host only summons 1 helper for the boss, I am mad. Most people summon only for the boss on the first mission. Heck, I did. But I realized that was depleting my stored flasks as I was using 5 or 6 per boss fight with no adventuring to pick up flasks along the way. So, I made a decision to only use the amount of healing as I’ve picked up with that host. Since going straight to the boss means no pickups, I use none during the fight. If I die quickly, then too bad. The host should summon 2 helpers and then I can make it with no chugging.

Ochokos are hard to come by in the first mission, before you can co-op so that’s a flaw in the system. I only had 4 cups so I used the cloud save workaround to reload and get my cups back to summon again. I think you might get cups from beating Revanants but I haven’t tested that yet.

I will pre-order N2, can’t wait.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,570.50
You could get ochoko cups from killing the red revanants you summon from bloody graves. I'd get 0-2 per revenant, and their AI usually sucks so you can cheese them pretty easily with thrust attacks. I think I ended up with 20 cups total, and that's after summoning a ton of people.

I'm really glad they kept almost everything the same, Nioh was already a really tight experience. Controls worked well, graphics are good, gameplay is excellent. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel with Nioh 2, just add more enemies, more difficult AI and streamline a few things for quality of life.

All in all, that Alpha test made me even more hyped for the full release. Hopefully they do a few beta tests like they did for the first one!

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Lich, I agree with everything you said. Demo is great and it’s not too different from first Nioh. Can’t wait to play the beta, then the second beta, too. I wonder if Team Ninja or KT will present this at E3, even if PlayStation won’t be there.

Btw, I followed my strategy and now have 130 elixirs in my storage, up from only 18, so I can afford to heal in co+op. I have 156 o choko cups, lol. I wish we could drop things to other players.

I wonder if N2 will sell well, since changing the protagonist and what will the storyline be? Of course I will be happy to play as a female ninja.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,570.50
I think N2 will sell well enough, given the success of Nioh. I think a lot of people were surprised by the first Nioh, since it was a pretty strange combination of Dark Souls, Diablo and Ninja Gaiden.

You can really stack up the consumables after you get used to where and how they drop. I usually ended up selling stuff for amrita or money for reforging, looking for the right affixes I needed.

Can't wait for the full release!

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
I’ve encounterEd a few glitches. So far, the game has crashed 3 times, all as soon as I was summoned. More frequent is that gates, doors are closed for one visitor but open for the other players. Also, ladders not extended for 1 visitor. Sometimes, people fighting something invisible that’s already dead in my screen.

I still don’t know how to report this. I think I saw the notice when I first started the demo last week but not since then.😞

Pet peeve they carried from original game: host can dump you but you can’t leave, except by cutting the network. Some hosts are asshats who pull you into boss room as soon as you spawn. No time to buff. I disconnect. Also, don’t be cheap. Summon 2 helpers for boss fights, unless you’re awesome and I haven’t encountered many awesome hosts. 🤬