Anything without a home!

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,282.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:Good points, but when you described what made old games hard, you might as well have been talking about Souls (aside from the puzzles), which was my point.

Oh yeah, I got your point. I was just just saying that I think there was more factors at play in the shift in gameplay design in terms of difficulty than just prettier graphics and cutscenes. Honestly, looking back, I could pretty much describe Souls games as 3D metroidvania ARPGs, with gameplay like Maximo and other hack and slashers of the like.

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:You should try Sekiro. It isn’t bad at all. I just don’t care for it. I don’t have the patience to learn bosses with someone else’s character.

I actually like games like FURI, God of War (the originals), and other games that pretty much demand reflex based reaction and a certain degree of pattern memorization to master, so in that regard, I think I'm good then.
I try it after it gets a little cheaper I think. I have a lot of other games on my plate as it is.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:
Lich180 wrote:God of War is freaking amazing, story and gameplay wise. Damn game had me nearly in tears a few times.

Sekiro really is about twitch reactions, and pattern recognition more than Souls was. Not that it's bad, just different. I've been stuck on Genichiro for... Weeks, and can't make progress against him.

Decided instead to start playing Kingdom Come Deliverance again, and do all the DLC for it.

Yeah, I fought him for 2 hours. Made progress every fight. Eventually got him down to a chip of life in his second phase and then died. Kept trying but by that point I was so tired of doing it that I could barley get him to the second phase again. Gave it a break. In 3 weeks I haven’t had a single inclination to play again.

It’s not fun enough to care. I enjoyed fighting the guy on the horse and the Butterfly was ok. Every mini-boss was just a pain in the @$$.

Good game. I like seeing FS doing something new. It’s just not for me.

If you don't want your copy........mind if I have it? I'll pay shipping.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 386,275.49
Bank: 9,234.71
Wiki Edits: 32940
If you guys are playing monster hunter remember we have a massive wiki for it and it always needs help, tips, ideas, todo lists, edits, etc.
https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextral ... World+Wiki
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,467.50
EldritchImagination wrote:
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:
Lich180 wrote:God of War is freaking amazing, story and gameplay wise. Damn game had me nearly in tears a few times.

Sekiro really is about twitch reactions, and pattern recognition more than Souls was. Not that it's bad, just different. I've been stuck on Genichiro for... Weeks, and can't make progress against him.

Decided instead to start playing Kingdom Come Deliverance again, and do all the DLC for it.

Yeah, I fought him for 2 hours. Made progress every fight. Eventually got him down to a chip of life in his second phase and then died. Kept trying but by that point I was so tired of doing it that I could barley get him to the second phase again. Gave it a break. In 3 weeks I haven’t had a single inclination to play again.

It’s not fun enough to care. I enjoyed fighting the guy on the horse and the Butterfly was ok. Every mini-boss was just a pain in the @$$.

Good game. I like seeing FS doing something new. It’s just not for me.

If you don't want your copy........mind if I have it? I'll pay shipping.

Well, I haven’t completely forsaken it. I’m kind of in a in-between point with my living situation at the moment (last place I was renting was getting horrible) so my head isn’t really clear enough to give the right attention to the game (I’ve barely touched my copy of POE2 with all dlc).

I either got locked in and did well, or got distracted and got owned. I admit that by the time I reached the butterfly, I was really enjoying myself. But then leading up to the next main boss, I just felt burnt on this style of game in general. I won’t pretend that it’s a fault of the game. The combat is good for what it is, but I don’t really like elements of it. The stealth is great though.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,608.50
Well I pulled the trigger on Monster Hunter. I was enjoying the demo, have maybe 8 hours total on that so far. The main quest stops before the anjanth (SP?) so I did a few side missions and expeditions just to try stuff out. Played around with weapons in the training room, watched a few videos on the use of the weapons that interested me and got some gear from the spring festival thing. Did a little multiplayer too, but there didn't seem to be many people looking for groups through matchmaking.

I'm gravitating toward the greatsword right now, with interest in the charge blade and switch axe, but I want to get used to the greatsword first. The bow seems like it's easy mode, so I'm not too into that. Rather be toe to toe with these monsters, right up in their business.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I've been playing God of War myself, Almost exclusively for the last few day. It's just that damn good. Combat, great, exploration, great, graphics, beautiful, story, a few rough points here and there, but otherwise great.
My only significant gripes are the previously mentioned story bits, which given the quality of the rest of the story and character performances, stuck out, particularly the section with Atreus when he discovers he's a god and becomes uncharacteristically douchey and a narcissistic ****** to everyone at the drop of a hat. Thankfully it's short.

The other "problem" is the RPG style crafting system. It's not bad, but, a simpler, streamlined gear upgrade system would be better I think. Most of the stuff is gets useless quickly, and much of the gear is just upgraded versions of others.

That being, I want a full RPG with this gameplay design, stat. This combat system, is in my opinion, better than Dark Souls. Heresy I know, but heretical preaching is what I do best, just ask religious blog posters.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

I eventually made a bow character in MHW and loved it. I agree with being ‘toe to toe’ but after soloing the game melee, it’s a nice change.

My main started with Sword and Shield to get used to the combat, then I did Insect Blade from Elders to the last boss. Now I use Dual Blades on Shadow (as it should be).

Silhouette started with Dual Blades, but I eventually got good enough with them that I switched that to my main and with her I went Bow, which I didn’t think I would like. It’s awesome though. Yes. It is easy mode. But this is MH, so easy mode weapon still takes some skill to stay alive at late game.

Sweetcheeks is my heavy infantry/artillery. Bowgun and sometimes Hammer. Her and her Palico Fuzzball are why I love MHW and will definitely get the xpac.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

I never played any GoW but have seen many if not most major cutscenes from watching a friend play them (excluding the latest game. He refuses to spoil it even though I show no interest in getting the game, as a ‘just in case’).

I’ve always liked the story. Kratos is cool and all but he’s never been my style of character. I love his types in books but in games, I have a hard time role-playing any male character that is overly bulky and alpha-male-ish.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

And me? I crawled back to DS2. I have some characters that I’ve been brainstorming for a story for awhile and I decided that DS2 would be a good place to make them for kicks. I’ll be playing it on and off as my Souls-go-to because I get really bored in 3.
I’ve been having a really good time though.

@Lich180
My PS+ isn’t on right now so I can’t do MHW online until I pick up a card. But I’m excited to help you if you stay with it (I’m an old school MMO’er that loves helping fellow gamers, despite how snarky I can seem).

The game is fairly easy at first. It ramps up pretty quick when you get to Elders though. They are soloable, but help is nice.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,608.50
Kratos is very different now from the old games. Before, he was a rage-filled guy, killing anyone who messed with him. Granted, he kind of HAD to be that way, given the way he was treated by the Greek Pantheon. Being the son of Zeus (and having brutally killed Zeus twice) doesn't help matters.

In the new game, he's grappling with being a father (again), the natural death of his wife and keeping his anger issues in check, partly because he knows bad things happen when he gets angry, and partly because he now has to set an example for his son. One of the first lines that hit me, "do not be sorry, be better" resonates through the entire game. Kratos tries to teach his son how to survive in the world, and deal with the ramifications of being the son of the Ghost of Sparta. Everything he does with Atreus has a lesson attached, whether it's helping a spirit (that tries to betray you after helping it) or fighting the Valkyries (to hone combat skills)

It's been a while since I played GoW, but I like the new Kratos much better. He's more human, more vulnerable.

And that sounds good, Nahztek. So far it's not been too difficult, although I've seen that new players tend to hit a wall at the first anjanth. That one wasn't too bad, although he did have some surprises! I unlocked the Coral Highlands the other day, and am on the main mission to get the airship running.