Anything without a home!

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,375.50
TBC was my favorite. I started WoW about half a year before it dropped.

I like the idea of Classic because I would never have to worry about xpacs again. And I assume that those who play Classic will be more like-minded in terms of playing just to have fun.
I really miss sapping and blinding mobs for tanks, then stun locking the tank’s target and so on. My rogue was actually useful aside from just dishing out DPS.

Last time I played WoW (about a year and a half ago) the groups moved so fast zerging dungeons that I could barely pay attention to the lore. But I still had fun with BGs and ganking Horde while questing.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,961.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:Anyone tried TES-Blades?
Wow. I didn’t expect much out of a phone game, but it’s so bad I can’t even believe it.
No stealth whatsoever. Hallway dungeon design.
Enemies come at you 1v1. Swing a few times and they die.
Dialogue is as basic as it can be without even a touch of the quirky TES flare that makes their NPCs enjoyable.
And my Breaton girl looks horrible. I’m not sure how they messed that up. Breatons have always had the cutest character models.
It’s almost as if someone at the top at Bethesda is purposely sabotaging their games. Idk. It makes my hopes in TES6 plummet.

Also picked up Sekiro (because a friend won’t stop telling me to).
It’s pretty good despite my lack of interest in playing it.
It’s nothing like Souls but obviously a FromSoft game. The stealth is fun and all that, but I’m just kinda burnt on the action/boss killing aspect of FromSoft games.

I’ve been busy with work ever since it release so I haven’t had a good chance to really get good at the combat. I’m told that if I give it the chance to ‘click’ then I will love it.

Oh well. I’ll get to play WoW Classic soon enough. I miss my old sub-rogue build and having dungeons that people can’t just steamroll.

Interesting. I found Sekiro to be very refreshing for me since it was so different compared to their other souls games. I had been burnt out since DS2 and basically dead since DS3 launch.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,533.50
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:-snip-

Yeah the lack of strategy in dungeons was a real drag on the game after WotLK. AoE rules the day, and you don't have to worry about marking a pull, killing the most dangerous mob first, having the right setup for the dungeon and debating what class to pick up to complete your group.

I mean, it's easier to group now, and its nice to be able to get somewhere in a dungeon, but having to have a coordinated team was great.

I quit WoW back in Cataclysm, around the time of the Firelands patch (whatever is was when Ragnaros came back). Realized I wasn't having fun anymore, so I haven't looked back. Classic interests me, but I don't want to get drawn back into that soul sucking game again!

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Sekiro just doesn’t offer me anything tbh.
I like playing games that make me feel like I’m in a fantasy novel, which is why I’ve always loved MMO dungeon crawling.

These days my preferred games are custom squad, turn-based strategy RPGs. Idc if they have good graphics or not. I just want to make my party.

I’m also getting older (38 soon) and twitch based combat with no pause option goes from being challenging to just plain tedious.
I bought a hard copy of Sekiro because even if I do finally get through it, I’ll definitely trade it in almost immediately after.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,533.50
I'm currently stuck on a main boss, so I'm exploring and taking out other bosses. Found a few new prosthetic tools that have come in handy like the Umbrella. That thing is so much easier to deflect with, and usually does better posture damage than a normal deflect that it got me an easy miniboss kill, as soon as I found the right timing.

I haven't been able to get into many turn based games lately. They always seem to be too slow (Divinity Original Sin), not enough fighting (same as before) or too RNG based (XCOM) or just kinda clunky feeling (Wasteland 2). Really wish I had A PC to game on sometimes.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,961.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:Sekiro just doesn’t offer me anything tbh.
I like playing games that make me feel like I’m in a fantasy novel, which is why I’ve always loved MMO dungeon crawling.

These days my preferred games are custom squad, turn-based strategy RPGs. Idc if they have good graphics or not. I just want to make my party.

I’m also getting older (38 soon) and twitch based combat with no pause option goes from being challenging to just plain tedious.
I bought a hard copy of Sekiro because even if I do finally get through it, I’ll definitely trade it in almost immediately after.

Strat games have never been my thing. Like don't get me wrong seeing people play games like halo wars was fun. But I just suck at them.
Lately for me i've been doing a lot of mmo's or arcade like games. BDO and enter the gungeon respectively.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Strategy and turn-based aren’t necessary perfect by any means. They are repetitive for sure and definitely take time to learn. Sometimes I just enjoy the idea of taking my time to plan a move or whatnot, similar to playing chess. You really have to own your mistakes but it’s also easier to learn from them.
I also smoke a lot when I game, and enjoy taking a break at any moment. Hence the beauty of turn-based.

I’m just messing with Sekiro in tiny bites. I’ve only killed a couple mini bosses and haven’t even seen a main boss yet. I only started this past Wednesday and won’t have an off day for awhile still. I haven’t even binged yet (and I can definitely binge game when I set my mind to it).
The atmosphere is top notch. Action is responsive and smooth. Stealth is definitely fun and exploring is interesting since the landscapes are pretty nice.
I’m admittedly bad at the deflection. It’s way too easy on regular mobs. Then I mess it up on the mini bosses. The first one wasn’t so bad but it was rough on the Unchained Ogre. I’ve been playing more like a Sneaky Frog than a Wolf. I resort to the jump way too much so far and barely dash due to muscle memory just going to jump since it’s been more reliable for me so far.
Can’t remark on the story yet. The characters have an appeal but I’m still too early.

It’s definitely a nice change from FromSoft. I’m glad they broke out of the same Souls formula. I was getting bored with a lot of the online structure. They were smart to drop it for this game. Hopefully in their next Soulslike, if it’s online, they adopt something more like Nioh or Monster Hunter for online play.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Oh yeah.
I’m curious if any PS4 players are paying attention to ‘Dreams’.
It’s basically a game engine. From the looks of it, it will be pretty advanced and you can share assists and use assets of other users. You can do group projects. It comes with a robust music software program built into it. Possibilities are literally endless.

I’m kinda against the idea of the game company owning my IP, but I guess I can keep my personal stuff out of it and create stuff specially for Dreams just for fun. I have a friend who is really excited about it.

April 16 you can get into early access for 30$. After that period, it costs the normal 60$.

Maybe we could get a Fextralife project. I can write, do art, make music, and I can also do a wide range of Voice acting. It’s an idea at least.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

-snip-
(Phone freaked out and double posted)

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,249.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Bethesda oh Bethesda. What Happened to you? I loved you, so many people Loved you, we all loved you, but after Skyrim, you just went down the toilet. (Hell, some say you went down the toilet after Morrowind).

Thankfully, I'm getting my fill of RPGs in the indie circuit .

Also, about dreams. I remember that being a Media Molecule (The Little Big Planet guys) title that was announced years ago, early PS4 I think. Was excited for a little while until nothing else came out of it. Honestly kinda surprised it's still alive. Been thinking about getting into content creation myself actually. Got the Blender program to so if I can do modeling and video editing. Learning that bit by bit, but mostly focusing on my writing as a creative outlet. Specifically my post apocalyptic biopunk story.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."