Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Sajvinder

Souls: 72.00
Hi all

I am hoping to commission a painting based on the Dark Souls series - my favorite game.

The idea is to have one painting that represents all three games in the series...perhaps a tough ask for all 3 in 1 painting, but I think it can work.

So would be very interested and grateful to hear everyone's ideas of what sort of image would do justice to all three games.

To clarify, I do not expect to have loads of elements from each game shoved into one painting. But the aim is to pick key elements from the series as a whole to create an image that describes the series rather than one game. 

Hope to hear some of your thoughts

lordherpie

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 935.00
cool idea, hope you will share the end result here!

As for the idea's;

Not sure what you are going for. do you want to include architecture, characters, monsters?
Or is it going to be more symbolical and/or thematicical?

Not many characters of great importance feature in all 3 parts, but the primordial snakes are mentioned/referenced in all 3 games (although not visually) as are dragons. characters that star in all 3 games in some form are Havel the Rock and Ornstein.

More symbolical; The Dark sign is a prominent occurence that would represent dark souls very well without referencing a specific part of the series. recurring themes are: cycles, (undead)curse, dark and light, life and death, sacrifice, (profaned or chaotic)fire, the abyss/the deep, and conspiracy (as you are frequently mani[ulated by characters in these games).

furhtermore; the events that predate the series as a whole (age of grey, age of fire, the events around gwynn, nito, etc) while not reprented prominently in all 3 parts are the origin of the events in all 3 games.

Architecturewise Anor Londo is 2 games, and harvest valley as well. Bonfires (and firekeepers) are present in all 3 games.

Not sure if any of this is of any help to you, just thought i'd mention some themes, characters and objects. enjoy your project!

Sajvinder

Souls: 72.00
lordherpie wrote:cool idea, hope you will share the end result here!

As for the idea's;

Not sure what you are going for. do you want to include architecture, characters, monsters?
Or is it going to be more symbolical and/or thematicical?

Not many characters of great importance feature in all 3 parts, but the primordial snakes are mentioned/referenced in all 3 games (although not visually) as are dragons. characters that star in all 3 games in some form are Havel the Rock and Ornstein.

More symbolical; The Dark sign is a prominent occurence that would represent dark souls very well without referencing a specific part of the series. recurring themes are: cycles, (undead)curse, dark and light, life and death, sacrifice, (profaned or chaotic)fire, the abyss/the deep, and conspiracy (as you are frequently mani[ulated by characters in these games).

furhtermore; the events that predate the series as a whole (age of grey, age of fire, the events around gwynn, nito, etc) while not reprented prominently in all 3 parts are the origin of the events in all 3 games.

Architecturewise Anor Londo is 2 games, and harvest valley as well. Bonfires (and firekeepers) are present in all 3 games.

Not sure if any of this is of any help to you, just thought i'd mention some themes, characters and objects. enjoy your project!

Thanks alot this is great.

I am going for more symbolic i think. Love the environments and landscapes but there is none I link with the series as a whole.

I thought maybe have one of the areas from each game in the image. Any ideas which look the most awesome? :)

Also is here the best place to brush up my knowledge on dark souls lore? Cant tell you how many videos I have watched and just doesnt stick.

Thanks for the dark sign idea.

Another idea I had was have a bonfire and scattered around the weapons or armour of my favourite bosses from each game.

Another was having the emerald herald and the fire keeper from 3 as they leveled you up.

Another was a long painting with all the main bosses painted leading up to the final boss of 3 or just the fire keeper and charachter