Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I personally dont have a super hard time in pvp with a +10 bleed infused bandits knife and with a +10 blessed caestus in my left hand for enemies with things like straight swords (mostly for parrying) and I just two hand the knife against people with bigger weapons (for the quick step ability) and I don't really see a huge problem with it mostly because of how well the quickstep works
why +10 the caestus?
I'd suggest you'd make the dagger hollow. It's damage and the Bleed chance would scale and it works better if you just put a resin on it
People who complain about daggers seem to not realize that they are DAGGERS! They rely more on speed to rack up damage quickly rather than more damage per swing. But their eyes can't see that. It's okay if you don't like daggers, but they don't suck. Sorry you don't one shot people/enemies with every swing.

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
The fact you can't parry and don't want to risk a Parry against U/GS weapons means they suck. The near-broken system makes them bad. You can't even reliably eploy Aux Buildup. The one saving grace they had.
Reply above is borderline rarted, The quickstep ability that many daggers have is ridiculously effective against ugs in general, you can literally dash in, hit twice, and dash away as your hapless foe tries to swing his sad guts cosplay once, faster weapons in the right hands are just better in this game, it's even possible to outspace a profaned G's r2 with the super short painted guardian curved sword because of how this game's hitboxes work, daggers are good for more than just ripostes and backstabs my dude
I'm using a blessed dagger +10 on a faith build, it is both overpowered, and ridiculously fun
buff the FUGS

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

Both DkS1 and DkS2 knew Daggers had to keep up mechanically with other classes in thier own right. This isn't RL, you are suppose to have diverse build options. Heck, DkS1 intentionally made Priscilla's Dagger underwelming in the face of Dark/Gold Tracer so people would buy the DLC. DkS3 seems to have totally missed the mark on the Dagger Class both in PVP and PVE. Many Bosses resist both damage and Aux effects as well as Slash, making your "fast attack/R1" underwelming at best. In PVP against the "Ultra/Great Meta" your ability to Parry doesn't mean crap as you still risk the hit you can't trade anyways and that 2h Strong can't get Parried at all. This could be solved if you didn't get deflected blows during a block with Dagger. Letting you use the one saving grace they had; Aux Build up. Now they are Ultility weapons, given a tiny Magic buff, Parry frames or Quickstep. Good job on totally missing the point, F.S!

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

I figured this didn't need mentioned because it's beyond silly and obvious but Criticals don't mean crap if it's as easy to do with a UGS.
When two handed, daggers do not reflect off shields you fool
Quickstep againt ultra weapons, or keep your distance and use bows or cast some spells. Daggers are light, which means you can have other weapons on you, to diversify your fight approaches. You can also fast roll to flee the heavy weapons range. This weapon class needs skills!
Against ultras your parries ARE useless, but good luck hitting a Quickstep user with a slow af weapon.

Saionide

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
I have fun one shot parrying people with my Chaos dagger in PvP. However, I was wondering if any of the other daggers are viable for this job as well. Perhaps one a little more original than the basic dagger.
mail breaker is worse but dose the job. crow quilt also have a very high critical.
Dagger R1 mash can't be stunlock parried. Mash away!
Yes you can just wait for the third hit or spam parry twice..... Gotta love misinformation getting top comment