Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

After hundreds of invasions under each covenant and across multiple SLs and locations, I really haven't noticed anything at all suggesting that Mound Makers or Sunlight covenants have any sort of preference towards worlds with other invaders present. Nearly every single time I've been dropped into a world with another invader present or have had another invader appear in a world I'm currently invading, we've both been reds.

I still like to pretend it makes a difference, but at this point I'm comfortable concluding it really doesn't. Just pick the covenant you like and roll with it.
After midnight in the US invasions basically become a war against China, and they have weaponized lag on their side.

TheDeadman

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
*****in killed me with this one
for people who are sh¡t at pvp like i am, a pretty good way to farm invasion covenant items is to try to help a host through a hard area. it sounds counter-productive, but i got all 30 tongues for rosaria's covenant in i think two days doing this. either they make it all the way there and you've helped someone, or they die and you get an item. i mostly do this in the dreg heap and the swamp in the ringed city.

Oriens

The only "etiquette" invaders should adhere to is that if you find the host going solo, don't pull any cheap BS like trying to drag him to nearby mobs. Yes, he's got the HP advantage, but 1v1 invasions are rare enough that hosts should at least be spared from excessively-pain-in-the-ass invasions if they forego ganking. Otherwise everything is fair game. And yes, every invader hates gank squads, but a lot of people hate invaders too. Always remember 3v1 or 4v1 usually results in arrogance among the gankers. It's not uncommon for them to be willing to get themselves dragged into a fight with mobs that can end up wrecking the cr*p out of them, assuming you don't sit on the sidelines. Use that to your advantage. 4v1 fights will likely end up with you getting pointed down on, but when finally manage to smash their faces in... boy does it make every failed attempt worth it. Having your whole squad wiped out by a one red phantom is a thousand times more humiliating than getting ganked to death for the 5th time that day.
If I had a titanite slab for every time I've bowed and patiently waited for a solo host to clear a room before attacking, only to have 2 blues summon in and he immediately attempts to gank with them.
Fun fact for the author of this wiki. Mound Makers drop a Vertebra Shackle when they die but only for the person who dealt the death blow to them.
CoNnEcTiOn ErRoR oCcUrReD. Returning to your world.
Better than killing the host - it means you broke their will to continue.
I tend to face invaders with some sense of pride and shame. Win or lose, I do it openly and face-to-face and accept the results when reasonably fair. The only times I ever disconnect to "escape" an invader is when that invader is hiding off in some remote location of the map and doing literally nothing but waiting for me to eventually die from lack of bonfires. Face me in fair combat and I lose? Cool, I can accept that. But being a wuss that camps in some godforsaken nook waiting to be rewarded for their laziness? I can't draw you out, but I can damn sure deny you your undeserved reward.
Killed by three different Invaders when I have no summons or any assistance and gets destroyed cause I could do anything...gets pointed down on.
A 3v1 against you and you can't summon any help? Well that's the odds invaders are up against in nearly every invasion, so too bad there are two areas in the entire game where you have a small chance of facing that, but only if you're embered.
And online
Invaders have such a disadvantage, host can open chests and pick up Items, phantoms can only open chests, but Invader...OH Invaders, they can't do either!
That's what you think the disadvantage is? Not 3v1s without friendly fire, not limitless bonfire re-summons, not blue phantoms, not 30% health reduction, not 1/2 estus, not invading into higher levels.....but that they can't open chests?
I'm hoping that this was a joke, cause If you thought I was being serious when I typed this message I pray for you.
Ah the classic "hahah I was only *pretending* to be dumb!"
The fact they didn't get the joke makes me lose hope in humanity

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
Invaders have such a disadvantage, hosts are usually 26 SL above them, phantoms are 16 levels above the host, Invaders, on average, have to deal with people literally a dozen or MORE levels above them and get crapped on for actually being intelligent and using the environment to their advantage
Equipment and situational preparation beats soul level any day of the week. Invaders, even at lower SL, are at a large advantage.
Invaders have enormous advantages. For one, they are prepared to invade. They put on their proper gear to prepare for what they are about to do, unlike an invaded player, who is geared for PvE when the invader pops in. So already, the invader is more prepared than the invaded, but then secondly, enemies don't react to invaders, so it's plenty common for invaders who are losing to haul *ss from the fight into a bunch of monsters, knowing the host won't follow and risk aggroing everything, then healing, changing gear, buffing, etc, to recoop before running back to the fight. Or...y'know, just snipe from a distance and run away whenever the host goes in for a battle. Lastly, since bonfires don't work while invaded, and homeward bones/sword fragments are disabled, it's entirely possible (and not altogether rare) for invaders to pop in, throw on obscuring rings, find a nice, comfy place to hide out while being invisible, and just wait for the host to eventually get worn down and die on their own without the invader ever doing anything. Even if the host is 40 levels above the invader, the invader has SO many advantages that even a full 40 level difference won't amount to much.

TheDeadman

Casual
Convict

From being a phantom to runnin around as a comie or Aldrich phantoms are like nazis looking for Jews while invaders at gang city are troops on the beachs of Normandy whoever wins still look like the bad guy in the defeateds eyes