Anything without a home!

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 88.00
Bank: 6,791.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Fexelea wrote:People living within their means and saving for their own retirement instead of depending on government? Yes, sounds crazy... lol

large cash savings tie the country's economic welfare much stronger to the yen, reducing policy options and disincentivizing local invest. perhaps more troubling is that most of that saving and investing is done by corporations and investment banks that primarily specialize in foreign investment. if soft-bank invests in an African country to build and maintain the road systems the African country would obtain a new road system while soft-bank would be further incentivized to invest more into said country instead of local investment in Japanese infrastructure and services. America operates at extremely large levels of foreign investment partly for this reason. cash flow is very important and citizens that save liquid assets reduce the economy's capacity for real growth, a significant reason for 401k style retirement plans(which are recently gaining steam in japan) or state funded retirement.

at least that's the american strategy. i realize japan might have to account for a longer lived general population but the values of the population seem genuinely different.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,486.50
Dunno about anyone else, but I've worked hard to get away from working paycheck to paycheck.

Now I go direct deposit to direct deposit.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 88.00
Bank: 6,791.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Lich180 wrote:Dunno about anyone else, but I've worked hard to get away from working paycheck to paycheck.

Now I go direct deposit to direct deposit.

that's a patriot if I've ever seen one.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Seriously though if I COULD manage to save a few bucks, I've got a house to put money into. And this thing is HUNGRY.

After that, maybe I'd invest in stocks and bonds, and other stuff, but not real estate unless it was just farmland I could lease out. Too much work dealing with a rental property with a house.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,213.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:@EldritchImagination

I crawled back to steam and have been on a GD binge.
Last time I played, the last act of the main campaign wasn’t even in the game yet (I bought it early access years ago, when we had just 2 chapters. Or maybe just the 1st. I can’t remember).

I deleted my old characters and started over.

Shadow is halfway through Malmouth. Lvl 49 glass cannon Nightblade.
Also working on -
Omen - Trickster (Druid NB)
Seeker Shae - Deceiver (Inquisitor Occultist)
Miasma - Ritualist - (Necro Druid)
Archmage Kephas - Arcane (glass cannon)
Blight - Deathknight - (Soldier Necro)
Slacker - Demolitionist

It’s hard to actually express my joy with how this game shaped up in the end + an expansion + another expansion on the way. I’m pretty sure this might be my favorite isometric ARPG of all time. I haven’t played ‘Path of Exile’ in a few years to compare, but even then, it could only be tied with GD (If me listing my roster of toons like a schoolyard kid didn’t already imply that).

I’m a huge fan of sagas like ‘Malazan book of the Fallen’, and I’m currently reading Glen Cook’s ‘Black Company’ saga. Grim Dawn makes me feel like I’m playing a chapter in a similar setting. GD absolutely nails the feel of a broken/struggling military campaign in a dark fantasy world, even if the overall story is a bit basic. That’s actually how I like my rpg’s. Deep lore, basic story. That way I have the freedom to make my own. GD gives me that freedom in a setting that I throughly enjoy, with pretty decent lore to match.

I’m curious what classes you went with. And what you like about them. There are so many combinations, I’d be surprised if you even rolled any of the 7 I went with.

Yeah, Grim Dawn has ruined me for a lot of other ARPGs with it's large class creation system and lore and excellently designed gameplay. I tried playing Torchlight 2 after, and while still fun, was n't as immersive as GD, and Diablo 3, oh my goodness I could barely play it now it's so boring by comparison.

As for me, My main mastery (the single mastery I like best), is the Occultist. I just love the mastery's dark lore and powers, and varied playstyle depending on what skills you choose and what mastery you mix it with. In terms of narrative, I generally prefer to play as the outsider role, the one that doesn't quite fit in with the norms, mainly because that how I usually am in real life, as well as my fascination with dark supernatural forces and practices, and my interest in the darker facets of the mind, so the Occultist is the perfect class for me lore wise.

As for my main class combo, I went witch Hunter (Occultist + Nightblade)

I'm a poison and chaos focused hit and run melee damager, debuffing and DoTing enemies before I rush in with shadow strike and Rift strike to just slaughter them. I'm not the most durable melee fighter, so I also have Hellhound to provide some tanking, and both Blood of Dreeg and Phumanic burst for healing, plus a few health regen devotion investments that make my high burst damage restore a lot of lost health.
With all my healing, I hardly use healing tonics, so I just stack them up and store them to save space

I also have two planned builds, Blademaster (soldier + Nightblade) and Cabalist (Occultist + Necromancer), who I will be naming Alaxander Anderson and Alucard respectively for obvious reasons if you are a Hellsing fan, as well as Pyromancer (Occultist + Demo) and maybe a Conjurer (Occultist + Shaman) for a pet build and Warlock (Occultist + Arcanist) for a dark wizard build. Also interested in the new Oathkeeper mastery in the new Expansion.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,298.50
That’s awesome. My main that I deleted when I went back was almost the exact same build, but I used the crow to heal me instead of the hound to distract.
Witchhunter was awesome. I kinda miss the combo. Was my very first GD build.

I chilled on GD and went back to TES4. My laptop can actually run in on max settings. That’s a first for me. Haven’t played it in about 3 years. I think it might be my favorite game of all time. It has a charm to it that makes me just love the world and interactions.
And mods... oh, the mods....

I feel tempted once agin to just sell my PS4. It’s been a disappointment compared to when I had a gaming rig. I’m thinking I’ll just go with a really beast laptop.
And just mod TES 3-5 to the void and back and play those almost exclusively aside from little indie strategy games. With PS4, I barely even play what I buy and the options are bare bones thin.
And when I consider that some of my favorite games on ps4, I already owned on Steam, it really turns my PS4 into a machine to just play Soulsbourne. Which I really have little interest in these days.

Anyway. Hail the PC overlords.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:I chilled on GD and went back to TES4. My laptop can actually run in on max settings. That’s a first for me. Haven’t played it in about 3 years. I think it might be my favorite game of all time. It has a charm to it that makes me just love the world and interactions.
And mods... oh, the mods....

Are you insane. Don't you know saying Oblivion is great is heresy here...........I swear any time I see someone praise Elder scrolls 4, I half expect to see Forum Pirate come back and slam it.

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:I feel tempted once agin to just sell my PS4. It’s been a disappointment compared to when I had a gaming rig. I’m thinking I’ll just go with a really beast laptop.
And just mod TES 3-5 to the void and back and play those almost exclusively aside from little indie strategy games. With PS4, I barely even play what I buy and the options are bare bones thin.
And when I consider that some of my favorite games on ps4, I already owned on Steam, it really turns my PS4 into a machine to just play Soulsbourne. Which I really have little interest in these days.

Anyway. Hail the PC overlords.

I feel so much the same way man. I've played all the PS4 exclusive games I have to death already (Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Infamous, etc..) and there's only three other PS4 exclusives I want to get, God of War and Spider-Man, and Nier Automata because I hear the PC port is pretty bad.. After getting DS4windows, I can now use my Duelshock on PC with ease, so pretty much any game that's better with controller is equally viable for me on PC.

I also have a PS3 and PS2 with games I still want to play and even get, so with PC, PS3, and PS2, aside from a few exclusives, I have no reason to have a PS4 anymore.

PC has ruined modern Console gaming for me.

Also, why is it we are not Steam buddies yet?

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,298.50
Good point. I’ll look you up. My ID is Nahztek.
Now that I know this laptop I have can decently run games, I’ll be back on Steam a lot.
(PS4 is a great system but it lacks games in the rpg/strategy/indie departments.)

As far as Oblivion goes.
I first got the game when it was still new. I knew nothing about it, and had only owned a Pc for a couple years, in which I played Warcraft3 almost exclusively. Then my x and I got into WoW. So, I was basically a Blizzard zombie. We lived in the deep and dirty south so it was common to lose internet for undetermined amounts of time. Of course, the addict I was, this felt like purgatory for me.

One day during an internet drought, I went to find a game to buy. Saw TES 3 and 4 and went with the cheaper one (since 4 was a few months old, full price).
I played Morrowind for a few hours. Stalked and murdered someone. Mind exploded. I went back to the store, returned 3 and purchased 4.
From then on, Oblivion was the only game that held my interest during internet outage. I played it on and off for a few years, never once beating the main quest, but doing the Dark Brotherhood and Theives guild multiple times instead, and just using it as a sandbox. Around 2009 I get deep into it again and finally beat the Main Quest and finally got Shivering Isles. Finally went back to Morrowind and beat it. Later I got into modding. Then Skyrim was announced. Nuff said...

For me, it has the best balance of character tuning between 3-5. Morrowind is too exploitable with trainers, even though it’s a fun system. Oblivion is less exploitable and still has enough depth to have fun with.
Skyrim has no depth. Level anything. Even stuff you don’t want/use just to add up enough perk points for the things you want. You can’t make a minimal build and get beyond lvl 15-20 unless you start leveling EVERYTHING else ( I tried this with a sneaky pickpocket. Quickcoin was the only Nord I ever liked, but he couldn’t lvl due to 5’s system)

The series has made huge steps in world and NPC depth from 3-5. When people bash 5 for shallowness, I can only agree in terms of the RPG character building. It’s barebones, and while the perks offer nice additions to the game, I preferred the way you attain them in 4.

Skyrim, as a world, is fascinating due to the depth. I played VR as well, and consider it the most amazing gaming experience of my life.
Example-
I stood invisible on a table in the Altmer embassy quarters in Markarth while three stuffy elves sat about plotting, and sliced all three of their throats at the same time and went invisible again before the essential Nord NPC sleeping in his bed caught wind of it.
Amazing.

Oblivion’s world is just damn fun. I love the IC. I love the people. It’s quirky and dark. Tongue-in-cheek yet macabre as can be. It’s a world I wish I lived in.
And oh yeah. Secret passageways in castles...
I can’t get enough of those.

Morrowind is the most interesting and twisted, but it’s aged and the NPCs lack considerable depth in comparison to 4/5. But exploring is rewarding and you can make almost anyplace your home.

I could go on all day with comparing the three titles and if I had to rank them it would be-
Oblivion- my true love
Skyrim- because of world and NPC advancements
Morrowind- simply because it’s dated

Lich180

Revived
Savior

I'll agree that Oblivion is better than Morrowind, simply because it has aged better. Skyrim took too much away from the Elder Scrolls formula that it base it less interesting to live in, compared to Oblivion and Morrowind.

Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game, though, and holds a special place because of that. Getting lost as hell because you don't have a map, relying on signposts and running away from cliff racers was great.

Also, I remembered that Metro: Exodus is releasing in a few weeks. Maybe I'll finally finish Metro 2033 and Last Light.

Usually can't play them for long stretches, as the whole "post-apocalyptic survival in dark tunnels with psychic monsters and other terrors" thing freaks me the hell out. But I love it.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:Usually can't play them for long stretches, as the whole "post-apocalyptic survival in dark tunnels with psychic monsters and other terrors" thing freaks me the hell out. But I love it.

You know something, I can deal with stuff like that. Monster, no problem, mutants, big deal, twisted eldritch monstrosities, I've dated uglier. Oh no, my weakness is zombies. Terrified of them. My mom was/is a m=zombie junkie, loved day of the dead and anything zombie since I was a kid. I would see zombie movies when I was three when I would come in the living room while she was watching tv. They're one of my three greatest fears next to sea monster and clowns.

Here's the thing though, I can deal with zombies in games like Elder Scrolls, and Deadlight, and Dark Souls, and any games where you are a capable, agile fighter, but survival games, ones where you are weaker than the zombies, yeah, no no no no no no. Stupidly enough for me then, I bought Dead Space a while back, and have been trying to play it, and man is it hard. Not difficulty wise, I just can't stand the creatures. Their sounds, their appearance, the fact that the player character moves like an old man and the monsters can come from anywhere at any time. It's just nerve wracking for me. Shame though, cause I find it to be a good game with an intriguing story. Unfortunately, I'm a zombiphobe.