FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

She looks a lot like Momiji from Ninja Gaiden.
After beating the fake Muneshige there is a background story of her where she was possibly seduced and **** by Hideyoshi Toyotomi while her husband Muneshige is out for war, she's forced to endure it out of fear that Hideyoshi might destroy her clan and husband if she refuse. The scene also mentions that she lost a child, either from forced abortion because it's Hideyoshi's child or a miscarriage. In the same scene she said that she "haven't long to live" possibly the miscarriage/abortion causing her health to deteriorate. It's a pretty sad story.
Which probably figures into real life as she died at the end of 1602. There is probably going to be a mention of her death by the time DLCs, which take place in 1614-1615, roll around.
Late af but he was right DLC 3 has a mission where you and Muneshige kill yokai and it's heavily implied she died. He says something like "Fighting by your side reminds me of Ginchiyo"
It appears when playing as her in a mission that she appears in, while also wielding a Raikiri, that your Raikiri is bigger than hers. Not trying to make a dirty joke btw. But I feel that it's a bit unrealistic and slightly sexist that her sword is smaller, even though it's a one-of-a-kind sword, and it's not like she had it personally made to fit her. To make my point even stronger, the sword is made even bigger for William, regardless if you're playing as Ginchiyo using a transformation. Just wanted this to be on record. Don't get me wrong, Ginchiyo is still very awesome, but c'mon...a shape-shifting sword? Does the girl always have to have a smaller weapon in video games? Just my two cents...
I don't know why this comment has so many downvotes. It speaks absolute truth. The sword is one of a kind, so why is Ginchiyo's version smaller?
I'd assume it's a matter of character model sizes, the sword changes size depending on the size of the character model.
Lots of games do this.
I'd guess comparing the sword with every single model in the game, the size will almost always be different.
It's called a programming limitation. The easiest way to make a character smaller without causing clipping issue with all other assets is to downscale everything.
Erhm... Can you tell me where did you get that one of a kind vibe when some random blacksmith can male you one Raikiri? Just my 2 cents...
>absolute truth
william model's size is bigger than ginchiyo its not like they specifically coded it to be smaller, its that weapon scales with model's size you halfwit.
That's exactly what he's saying. Ginchiyo's transformation is true to her size, but the Raikiri doesn't downscale, it's still William-sized.
It's actually disgusting if you think model size limitation is somehow sexist.
Bae
this is a solid explanation that dieing as young as she did, when her adopted husband lasted way longer. Sure, people can die from just about anything, especially feudal japan shananigans, but something about being a female that also could do battle as any male could? i'm sure that soured alot of men who thought women were better being what woman did back then. Which makes me sad/mad that even a woman as great as Ginchiyo, she still was probobly looked down at, maybe behind her back at most.
(from the persons comment back in feb 8, 2017.
Dat face when a princess hands you her powerful and priceless family heirloom and then you sell it off in an inventory clean up spree because you forgot to lock it. X_X
lead her back to the spring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why is the chat just like political*****? Can't we just enjoy the character and not point out the fact she's a women?