Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

It’s Always Sunny at FromSoftware, S2E1, The Gang Ruins Online Features
Don't actually have xbox live for 360 rn...wondering if it's worth so I can play online.
Almost nobody plays anymore
FITE ME
I recommend PC and not*****ty console. On PC you can use SweetFX to get the lighting to the same as E3 before the downgrade so things look 50x better + active community.
On pc you will be able to do pvp and coop frequently, but xbox probably not.
I like the SM mechanic tbh. It prevented the DS1 issue of new players walking into Undead Burg only to have a much more experienced player invade them at SL 4-8 and assblast them with fully upgraded endgame gear.
Yup. Needs to be implemented in DS3 as well. Such a good mechanic to prevent all those twink *** from invading.
lol this is the most dumb mechanic in existence, lost souls still count towards soul memory which is just one of the worst parts of soul memory. Twinking wasnt ever really a big problem, even then at the end of the day there is always a better player who could go through the game at a lower level to get weapons and armor for his build he should be rewarded for it.
Tbh if you completed the game on SL8 or less, you deserve the reward to be a bully Also SM completly destroys any reason to create a PvP focused character (meaning that you do not level just to keep invading in a zone) this thing forces you to get even less and less invasions, this killed Ds2 at least for me
*****. I accidentally downvoted this comment. But yeah, I'm in full agreement. This was a necessary mechanic to prevent the usual bull*****from DS1's multiplayer sessions
From my experience, it sucks. In DS1 you only get invaded like that once or twice before you beat the boss and are safe. Or just don't use Humanity. Boom, safe again. In DS2 you're never safe. Human? Get invaded. Undead? Get invaded. Boss defeated? Tough*****, get invaded. What's that? Twinks don't exist? Hello, Agape ring! Now you can progress and twink to your heart's content. DS2 has such a *****ing hardon for pvp it's ridiculous. I'm so glad my first playthrough was mostly offline. Initially I just wanted to avoid spoiler messages, but*****ty invasion mechanics definitely helped keep me offline. I was kinda bummed I wasn't able to farm bosses co-op and collect gear, but with soul memory there really wasn't much point to it.
no it dont prevent twink from invading lower level char, any people that can do speed run still can **** you easy there are plenty guide out there that can teach you this.

HotPocky94

Souls: 50.00
i'm on my first ever run of DS2 and i'm almost at soul memory tier 31 and i'm level 136 (i'm not good, i grind). the tables seem to suggest that soul memory doesn't reset on NG+. on NG+1 in order to open the shrine of winter, you need a soul memory of 2m. what if i reach 2m before going to NG+1? do i need to collect 2m more souls, or is it static?
It resets, and it doesn't go for 2 mil SM, it goes for 2 mil souls collected that playthrough. But at that point you might as well just kill the bosses. Much faster.
At what tier do most players cap? Or more specifically, at what tier are you able to fin the most people, both on coop and PvP?

FULL_BATTERY

Souls: 55.00
Best tier for bridge on PC?

White_T_Poison

Souls: 145.00
Tested today, lv 176, dragon covenant, but unfortunately I don't remember soul memory (I put near everything in lvls) Had to wait 10 seconds to invade

Painsucks

Souls: 70.00
This is the most dumb mechanic in existence
If you remove this factor from multiplayer formulas, the game becomes more fun! I only ever play the game solo if I ever play this game anymore, otherwise with friends. Even that's annoying if they need to farm weapons and outclass your soul "memory". Of course I haven't bothered touching the updated ones for PS4/Xbone. This still a thing in that release?
Yes, it is still the same in the PS4 version. I assume Xbone would be the same.
5 years and I still can’t comprehend the existence of this mechanic
If they could just remove this mechanic the game would've been much more active and fun, tired of fighting turtle havels or jack of all trades master of everything