Discuss lore and secrets of Dark Souls 3

Deatharock

Souls: 297.00
anyone find it odd that it states a few times that the sisters who founded the Sable church were swordsmen but the eldest Wields duel scythes i mean i figure the onyx blade was her's before she bequeathed it but why would she just decide well lolz gonna be the main defender of the painting better not use my best skillset. any thoughts or is it just a reference to Priscilla?

Dragonscholar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 540.00
It might be a reference to Priscilla, but I also think that she renounced her old life and her old ways. Here is also a good hint in her scythe's descriptions:
"In the painting, the scythe is a symbol of a long-lost home, possibly explaining Elfriede's preference for it.

Deatharock

Souls: 297.00
Yeah that does make sense

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 46,587.50
Wiki Edits: 116
Might want to add some other descriptions aside Friede's Scythe.

First,

Black Set

Attire of the three mentors of the Sable Church of Londor...
..this billed mask belongs to Yuria, the second eldest.
These maidens of a Primordial Serpent were renowned as founders of the Sable Church, which offered salvation for Hollows.
It is apparent that the women in black were highly skilled fencers, capable of founding the Sable Church between just the three of them

This Is Where It is stated the 3 sisters were fencers

Next We Have Yuria's Weapon

Dark Drift

A cursed sword with an unseen blade, the choice weapon of Yuria of Londor.

Yuria, a mentor of the Sable Church and accomplished swordswoman, is said to have claimed a hundred lives with this weapon.

Seeing as Yuria Had a Specific Sword associated to her It could be safe to assume Friede had one as well.

Onyx Blade

Elfriede, the eldest amongst her sisters and leader of the Sable Church, bestowed this sword to her knight. Only, the sword was a farewell gift, and acceptance signified the knight's resignation from Elfriede's service.

My guess is that the Onyx Blade might have been Friede's Sword and she gifted it to Vilhem when She left the Sable Church.

Friede's Garb

After renouncing everything, Friede discovered a people that she wished to protect, and assumed the precise form that they yearned for

By Reading Friede's Garb we see she renounced everything, this i why I assume she gave her sword to Vilhelm. It could also explain why she abandoned swordsman ship. Seeing as she assumed the precise form the people she wished to protect yearned for. Knowing that the people she served were Corvians lead to the last item in this list.

The Great Corvian Scythe States,

Great scythe of the forlorn souls guided by heretical storytellers. The Mistress of the Painted World is said to wield a great scythe herself. Great scythes inflict profuse bleeding, such that the blood splatters on the wielder.

As shown in the Corvian Scythe Description The Mistress of the painted world wields a Great Scythe, showing that the Form she chose to adopt wielded a Scythe.

Hope this helps in your question

Shop Icon