Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

This dropped on my first try without any item discovery, just killed the *****er casting dark spells at me and then noticed a shiny, apparently it's rare

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
Lucky you man... I needed to try about 26 times at the Belfrey bonfire next to Nameless King. With 264 item Discovery.

phroZac

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
@22 Mar 2018 04:19 - 264 is fairly low, man. You could have probably gotten it a lot faster, lol.
With the Silver Serpent Ring +3 the max Soul gain from the boosting items combined is now 291.6%, just for those who want to know that.
do you mean gold serpent ring
Gold serpent rong is for item find, silver is for souls
Bit of a pain to farm if you're unlucky, however i was somewhat lucky... at first. I got my first one in around 5 kills, however. I'm starting NG+ soon so I wanted to trade it in for the shield and get another one for future farming and it seems RNG was not with me. Took another 2 hours to get a second one to drop. So goodluck farming, all! Hopefully you get lucky and it drops sooner rather than later.
was on my way to nameless king, killed this sorcerer mob out of curiosity and it dropped the staff immediately. had no serpent ring on, not wearing avarice, no coin popped. jz really lucky i guess
Yes, that's what random drops imply.
Over 50 tries! With Gold Searpent Ring +3. No Drop!
just try again

phroZac

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Yikes. That sucks. I've never had to farm that much for this for any of my characters, and I have around 20 characters. Maybe your Item Discovery is too low? You should be using a whole set of Item Discovery gear, not just the ring. Also, pop them coins!
Try harder, maybe 100 times.
Use different bonefires, and different weapons each try, helped me to gather almost everything
IDK what everyone is on about, I get this stupid thing in twenty tries or so every time on PC. Now FLAMBERGE; HOLY FRICKEN SHET WHAT THE HELL. HARPE TAKES MORE TRIES THAN THIS.
One must hit kill the Man-Serpent Summoner next the bonfire for guaranteed drop, tried so foar so good. Try archery.
The best thing about farming this staff, was that by the time I actually got it, I had so many souls I no longer needed it.
You realise in the end that the real Mendicant's Staff was the souls you made along the way.
Wrong. You needed it to become a true SunBro Cosplayer
Thanks for the info but now i have to wait for my friends to catch up to me
33 trys to get It, f*ck that bro.