Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Hello. Not sure if it's a miniboss or what it's going to be, but it's supposed to be a "miniboss" in a very snowy area with two wolves as a boss. Does anyone know where it is? or how to get there? Can't seem to find it on the list... My imidiate thought was the painted world of Ariandel...
And no I'm not thinking of the Champion
You may be thinking of DS2 DLC.
im pretty sure its a miniboss in the painted world of ariandel.
It is the giant wolf that you come across in the big open area around where you fall through the snow/ice surrounded by a bunch of small wolves and where you can go around to get the followers javelin or whatever....It also appears in an area down a little ways from the tower you get the captains ashes and the millwood battle axe. Both times the wolf disappears before you completely drain it's health, so I'm pretty sure it is the same wolf every time and it also appears IN the boss fight with the champion.
The crystal sage can be parried. Its rapier melee is parriable and so is the crystal soul spear, floating crystal ball, and crystal homing soul masses with a magic parry shield.
Check out the series 'Intelligence kills' in which all 25 bosses are beaten by pure magic build (just google Intelligence kills + boss' name)
I just beat the game, it's not as hard as people make it out to be lol... Yhorm nailed me once (as i went to heal) so he took two tries, Dancer took 2, Dragonslayer Armor took two (cause I backrolled off the bridge >.<), and NAmeless King took 2 tries only cause I rushed it a little. Other then that, killed every boss on the first try... then again I spent 5 days farming the ascended knights once I got up there for more levels (instead of playing the game over and over and over, and I followed the guide to get the Usurp ending the first time). Vgr 40, Att 26, End 36, Vit 80, Str 50, Dex 50, Int 40, Fth 25, Luck 10... But I had already killed everything before the twin princes before I even started soul farming (with every item including mendicant staff). And I suck at parrying so much I dont' even use a shield for that anymore. I use one with weapon skill. I don't get why people compare every game to this when it comes to difficulty. I've played harder games lol... well... time for the dlc.
Same person here, I should clarify I killed every boss ON that list except the twin princes then the Soul of Cinder final boss before I started soul farming... so even the nameless king took two tries before i really leveled. Str was at 40, dex 25, Vit 50 i think, vgr was 30, hadn't even leveled INT past 10 for more of a buff when I case weapon buffs like magic weapon (or if I want to paly around as a mage)... Also keep in mind there's two places early and mid game to lvl some kind of easy, so ya I was a little leveled... but not as much as in my OP before the twin princes and Cinder. Started game as a knight, kinda ended as a warrior mage knight lol...
wow aren't you cool
you simply grinded your way throught the entire game as it seems. try a low level run next and see if the difficulty spikes a little ;)
Are you done stroking your di.... ego?
I do agree it's odd that people compare difficult games to DS. Not because the series isn't difficult, but it's hardly the first game with boss based progression. I would argue that Dark Souls is just a 3D version of original 2D Castlevania games. That opinion being said, farming souls to level oneself before a boss is a much different approach than 0 hitting the entire game in one sitting with SL1. So yeah, the game can be "easy," but it's undeniably unforgiving.
You know it’s not like ds3 was made easier for casuals. So don’t be coming in the comments saying you beat most of the bosses on your first try. Now if you played ds1 then you would complaining and complaining about how you’re die to everything unless if you go on YouTube and search up op builds like a casual
You honestly don't get how to play this game. What you did is not natural progression. You should not be over SL 100 in your first play through. If this was your first souls game than you probably got boosted and had summons for almost all your bosses.
I suppose you didn't see any walkthroughs or guides. You just entered every boss room and by instinct you knew all the attacks and sequence of moves. I don't blame you if you used guides to learn by heart how to evade every move. After all it is 2019 , three years after the original release of the game, there are so many guides out there. So if you didn't had any help(guides, summons, walkthroughs) congrats kind sir you are under the 0.1% of the gamers out there but if you had any help don't through that garbage here "ds3 is easy".
Yeah, see your comment highlights the problem with dks3. They're simply too many bonfires which encourages easier soul/weapon grinding. Alot of safe spaces. I bet you also played it offline to avoid invaders. I won't shiit on you believing it's easy because the developers intended it to be that way. It is also not coincidence that atleast 2 latter bosses are cheesable. Play dks1. Teleport don't happen till half way in and getting place to place is a struggle without walkthrough. Bosses are weaker than the dequels but the lack of ridiculous overlvl grinding should balance.
When i first started dark souls in 2012 i spent 350 hours trying to get to anor londo and trying to beat smough and orns., why , because there was no guide and nothing else that told me where to go. My dumb *** spent 30 hours trying to go to the catacombs and another trying to use the shortcut to blight town. I was so lost and confuaed until i had a friend help me.
Casul following a 100% guide while overlvling himself 200lvls and above while dying to gimmick bosses like yhorm. Also bragging about how easy this game is at the dedicated wiki in the comments when being Casullevel over 9000. You are a true hero, go back to Bethesda Games
80 VITALITY ***** YOU
Did you summon for any of those bosses?
I agree that this was an ignorant comment, especially considering it seems evident that a guide through the game was used. However, getting on to someone for leveling up is just as ignorant...it is an actually game mechanic. It was put in the actual game by the developers to be able to level up as much as you want. Using a guide is not in the game...thus is cheating. My biggest question though is why the heck would you put 80 into vitality...that seems so pointless. You can have the heaviest armor and heaviest weapon with back ups to boot while still being under 70 percent equip load for a decent dodge roll. I feel like that was just a waste of all those levels. It's whatever though. People have the right to play a game they purchased however they want. Just don't brag about how good you are or how easy the game is when you clearly aren't, and you clearly had your hand held through it
btw I meant to say that you could have the heaviest weapon with the heaviest armor and back up weapons without needing anywhere near 80 vitality...you can get those physical defenses by investing in vigor and endurance.............
If you over lvl yourself and have friends the duh the game is gonna be easy. My first play through I had friends help me untill yhorm and Aldrich. yhorm is fairly easy and aldrich lets you heal so he was fairly easy too. But the dragon slayer armor clapped my cheeks. Don tell me you beat him in 1 try no summons no friends because he hits hard and is unpredictable. Im sure it was easy with friends tho
Dark Souls is difficult...I'm sure there are harder games but it is an achievement to complete them and a joy to vanquish the interesting foes this game offers. Personally I found Dark Soul 3 to be challenging although I wouldn't debase myself by farming the game into submission but there aren't rules against it so do as you please. Perhaps you could try Sekiro or Bloodborne which in my opinion are more difficult. Perhaps on those occasions time you could try rising to the challenge in the traditional way allowing the flow of the game to dictate your leveling which makes the boss fights epic....like Batman fighting Killer Croc and not Superman beating Lex Luther to death on the toilet. Also as any hardcore DS fan will tell you PVP is the true end game perhaps you could test your skilss against someone of equal skill
Dark Souls 1 boss with multiple stages: 3ish Dark Souls 3 boss: All but 3ish Am I the only one who finds every boss having a second stage annoying and a repeatitive theme?
Downvote
you are the only one, downvote
I wouldnt say it was annoying, after all if you were fighting for your life and you were getting hammered would you stick with the same technique? also most bosses you can nearly skip the second phase if you can stun them or keep them at bay....its a good mechanic not a nuisance
About half the bosses don't have a "second stage" so much as a boosted state. They use the same attacks, similar patterns, etc, but gain additional properties (auras, extra hits/range, extended combod, etc.
I didn't knew that freide was in ashes of ariandel. I'm stupid :D
is that because you named yourself sister friede? blew a took named that off the ledge before curserotted Crestwood haha
I am facing Darkeater Midir for the first time on my first playthrough. My character is a Pyro character and the three damage types I have are dark, fire, and magic. Those just happen to be Midir's three resistances. I keep trying but I don't seem to be dealing any damage. Now I was thinking of using a lightning Astora Greatsword for the boss because of its S scaling in faith and because Midir is weak to lightning. My current stats are at 24 Str, 22 Dex, 40 Int, and 40 Fth. Will those stats as well as a +9 lightning Astora Greatsword do good damage?
I fought him and my second and I ended up beating him but I used that for a time fighting him, but your best bet is to learn how to dodge of his attacks perfectly, and get a 1 maybe two attacks in and repeat , make sure to have good health and stamina, and watch out for his AoEs also since your int is at 40 you can also buy this sorcery called pestilent mist I believe from the teacher you find at The Road of Sacrifices, if you have given him at least one scroll, the mist does damage to anything it touches including yourself but also increases in damage the higher the health pool(Which is why it's very affective against Midir) I hope this helps. Happy soulin!
use pestilent mist it works better and be patient
It honestly doesn't matter what you're using to damage him. Stay about 5 feet in front of where his head sits when he isn't attacking and consistently hit his head. You'll die a few times learning his attacks, but once you get a feel for them you can control the fight. Landing shots ONLY on his head gives you a massive riposte 3/4 of the way through the fight. Thats what you want.

Rayray

Souls: 55.00
I would say put more into str and dex make it either refined or sharp and use lightning blade if you have it
Bro get your self to the rosaria and relevel up and make sure your strengh and dexterity are good enogh (lvl 35 or 40)
hey! fextralife! Cristal Sage, in Grand Archives is a mini boss love this wiki, thanks for this great job man, cheers!
You forgot the boss Asmongold the true king of casuls
anyone able to help me kill midir on xbox one? i’ve tried countless times and mind you i’m on NG+4
Jesus, NG+4? You usually want to fight him solo since co-op basically triples his health pool, but ***** it I'd be down to suffer a bit. GT is neoaustin