Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

So if you drink menstruation and eat placenta, you'll turn into a Beast?
i wouldn't try it but thats just me
yes
but if you eat enough umbilical cords you will become a GOD
I drink menstruation and eat placenta BECAUSE I'm a beast.
This is a lot of information to swallow. I think the doo doo fart peepee guy had the right idea here. Truly a scholar.
truly the greatest mind alive
I dont Think The Hunt continues in yharnam sunrise since this aint a normal Hunt. You kill The Great ones responsible for The Hunt
Doodoo fart peepee
turns out, there was no treasure, guys.
I recently picked up ds3 from the steam winter sale, after I had played through bb numerous times, and something that I have been immensely interested in is bb lore... so I looked through the back of everyone's heads, and found that blacksmith andre has eyes on the inside of his hed, just like the doll in bb, can anyone help me, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is legit lore tying the two games universewise together, or if it was simply an editing mistake.
I recently picked up ds3 from the steam winter sale, after I had played through bb numerous times, and something that I have been immensely interested in is bb lore... so I looked through the back of everyone's heads, and found that blacksmith andre has eyes on the inside of his hed, just like the doll in bb, can anyone help me, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is legit lore tying the two games universewise together, or if it was simply an editing mistake.
It's not a mistake lol, you're not supposed to look through the back of characters' heads. It's just something weird with how they map the texture to the eyes, has literally nothing to do with lore.

Kratos92

Souls: 50.00
I see the School of Mensis in a different way. The school of Mensis wasn't founded by Micolash, but by a person named Mensis, that is the body that we see dead with other people with a cage in their head. Mensis, thanks to the knowledge and to the teachings of the Great Ones, found a way to trascend himself and to trasforn his mind in a dimension. This because we enter in the library by his head. The prove are the names of the bosses Amygdala and Brain of Mensis, that contains the organs referencies. The library was the rapresentation of his mind and of all his knowledge, and his students can study directly in his mind by the use of the Cage Head that acts like a medium. But they lost themself into the knowledge and forget them body, that die in the real world. Of they remain only them jelly coscience, trapped in the mind of Mensis. The library, or the head of Mensis, contains not only the positive knowledge, but even his nightmares. Micolash is the only student alive in the mind of Mensis. He search how Mensis can create the mind dimension, but lost himself in the nightmare library, that contains all the knowledge of which Mensis have afraid. So Micholash, as the only survivor in the nightmare, proclame himself "Host of the Nightmare", summoning the Great God of the Humanity Kos (probably the creator of all the dimension) to give to him more eyes to discover the method of Mensis. The woman we see before the boss, is Mergo, probably the wife of Mensis. He tryed to ricreate Yahrnam, the Pthumerian Queen and to have a child of Great One. But Mergo die in the birth and we don't know what happen to her child. Maybe she really did to have a child, but the blood sign on her dress tell us that she died in the act. So the mind of Mensis elaborate two version of Mergo. A dream version, in which Mergo is a bride and sacrifice herself to let the child of Great One born (like a reincarnation of the Pthumerian Queen), and a Nightmare version that is the boss, similiar to the death. We don't know what really happen to Mergo: she maybe suicide herself to don't birth the Great One, or maybe she die in the birth. However the mind of Mensis see his wife as a nightmare. This is why when we kill Mergo, it is said "Nightmare Slain", because we freed Mensis from his Nightmare. We see Mensis vision of her like she was The Death in front of a stroller, so she probably killed herself to kill the child. The hunters so, can even travel true the dimensions, that include the dreams and the Nightmare of people. With the hunter dream happened the same thing, because probably the Gherman dream is in truth a nightmare for him. The headstones are probably his memories, like said from the cut text of the automa. I think that our objective is to free him and destroy all his memories. But maybe we are Gherman, in a loop of dream that act like a cycle and however we decide, the dimension must exist. The humans in the game failed to give birth a Great One because they don't comprend how. They thinks is a phisycal phenomenon, but it is not. The only way to becomes a Great One is like our hunter do: refusing every concept, from the religion (that generates slavery of Mind), to the science (that trap with the knowledge). I think that this is the Birth concept that the games refers. The girls in the game that try to Birth a child of Great One, generate monsters or incomplete beings. Maybe is all a dream of our character, and after the blood infusion at the beginning, it's all fake. Maybe we are in the mind of the hunter and that explain the first final. It's like Total Rekall: is it all real or all a dream of our character, that suffered from a real plague in the reality and tryed the method of the blood infusion to restore his mind?
I dunno, a lot of this doesn't really make sense. I don't see anything in your theory that requires Mensis to be the prominent character instead of Micolash. It just doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than rationalising why the school is named Mensis, but I think that's all it is. I also think that it's pretty well established that Mergo is the name of the infantry Great One, not the woman in white. The woman is Queen Yharnam who gave birth to it, impregnated by the Great One Oedon. This is all a bit foggy though, so I'll grant you some wiggle room. One thing we do know for certain though is that the final boss of the Nightmare where it says "Nightmare Slain" is not Mergo, it's Mergo's Wet Nurse. So that part really doesn't make any sense.
So, If Gherman became the first hunter the same time as Laurence create the church, and the fighting factions of the church. How come the first hunter of the healing church was not gherman but Ludwig. How come citizens of Yharman does not recognized the Workshop's Hunter badge. Where the hunters were ten a penny.
I think that Gherman became the first hunter to counter the beasts found in the Tombs or the Chalice dungeons He later created the Workshop to counter any beast that managed to crawl out from dungeons or created from failed experiments in Byrgenwerth. To this point Laurence was still working with Willem. Their separation came after the events of Fishing Hamlet. There the hunters and scholars of Byrgenwerth were cursed by Kos to Live The Hunter's Nightmare upon death. After the curse, Laurence Separates his path from Willem and Then created the Healing Church. While Gherman's workshop disbanded. Even his most beloved student Lady Maria was so filled with regret that she became the caretaker for the victims of Byrgenwerth. Lady Maria Quits being a former hunter of the workshop and now working with the recently founded Healing church to find a way to Relief the suffering of the survivors of fishing hamlet. Uknown to her the choir faction was performing even more Foul Experiments which made her regrets even greater to the point where she slit her own wrist, and die in the clocktower. Simon later reference this event to the player as "the true face of the blood worshiping beast purging healing church." Word of her death spread to Gherman, who bury her body near the workshop. And her bones were Picked up later by the player.
Regarding a possible reason for the creation of the Dream, I feel it could have been created to allow the prosecution of the Hunt. This is necessary to limit the beasts curse, ensuring the Great Ones not to lose all of their Vessel.
The thing about Bloodborne is that most of the story unfolds in a non-physical inner space created by the subconscious, and most of the creatures we encounter--beasts, kin, great ones, pthumerians, even some humans--aren't exactly real. Places like the Tomb of the Gods are merely born of rituals involving noxious concoctions of rotted blood and hallucinogenic materials, but the events that unfold there represent the evolution of thought that the characters experience, which culminates in physical consequences, such as the "ashen blood" sickness, and the subsequent burning of Old Yharnam.

The Hunters are administered a dose of this powerful sanguine drug, which provides them with a fever dream that draws upon their subconscious to fill in the blanks of their conscious mind and find a way to halt the nonexistent beast scourge, while also providing them with the secrets of the past that Byrgenwerth and the Choir each desire. The primary goal they are given is to "cleanse" the blood of the city, a process conceived by eugenics-obsessed, power-hungry madmen. As for the Moon Presence, the being is merely a representation of the Hunters' belief that what they are doing is justified.

Chronologically, it's very difficult to categorize when certain events take place, since some of these events never truly "happened." The Pthumerians can be thought of as an imaginary race that represents the end goal for humanity, which is to achieve peace with their gods and perfect their blood. Instead, it would be wiser to differentiate the PHYSICAL events that take place in the history of the city, then arrange them chronologically, while separating them from the SPIRITUAL events.

For example, I don't think the Pthumerians were necessarily the "first" beings to discover the great ones, but rather they were envisioned by Byrgenwerth to represent the ideal form of humankind, and perceived as "ancient." Physically, the story begins when Cainhurst and Byrgenwerth begin their research into the arcane and seek to perfect their bloodlines. Before "finding" the Pthumerians, I find it more likely that Byrgenwerth stumbled upon the Fishing Hamlet, "which sparked a search for the eldritch Truth from deep within the old labyrinth." By using these powerful hallucinogenics, they unwittingly set in motion the events that would consume the city in utter turmoil. More important than the Pthumerian's alleged relation to the great ones is Laurence's invention of such a fantasy, which leads to further experiments, illness, and ultimately the destruction of Old Yharnam, resulting in the present chaos of the current Yharnam.

Tales envisioned by Byrgenwerth and the Healing Church can be "dated," but similar to biblical parables, they have no place in history, and are simply spoken as faith. Ebrietas is a seemingly ancient great one known as the "daughter of the cosmos," but it seems she only came into existence AFTER the events of the Old Hunters. Despite this, she also appears in the ancient "Tomb of the Gods." Likewise, Queen Yharnam's child, Mergo, was stolen from her by the Choir which becomes the "source" of the beast scourge, yet we can still find her pregnant with Mergo in the Chalice Dungeon, as if this critical event in the transformation of the city has yet to unfold.

Symbolically, the great ones and their interactions with humanity are important, but their effect on the story is merely that--allegory. The Moon Presence does not possess its own will, but represents the gripping belief that the hunter's are justified for slaughtering countless "beasts," even if the beasts are just an illusion. Kos, on the other hand, symbolizes the ultimate truth of the cosmos that the scholars trust will protect them from beasthood, but eventually Laurence discovers that this was nothing BUT a dream, as were the beasts that he sentenced to death, who were in fact just less-than-enlightened common folk. The Healing Church overthrew and executed him for his alleged madness, and desperately clung to their faith in the Old Blood, and the School of Mensis became obsessed with their position of power granted through esoteric revelations.

Thus the hunt continued. Without the hunt, there would be no sense of purpose, and culpability would finally destroy the city.
While it may be in vogue to criticise the influence of the church on modern society (ironically, usually by the same people who will defend other, more oppressive, faiths), such an ill-fitting allegory isn't really the style of From (and due to the bloodsouls style of piecing together the story, the required leaps don't make much sense)
Yeah except none of it are hallucinations. Its all quite clearly happening, because of the great ones influence. This entire theory is ridiculous.