Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

good tips
noob sword pls kill
i hate this sword - it leads you to a false security that you can go through the rest of the game with it - my first character had the hardest time through andor and I thoght it was me - but it was the god damn sword - once I got gud I got another weapon and cruised through the game - save your 50 arrows and pass this sword up
no scaling?
None whatsoever. Ditch it the moment you open Sen's
Wrong. Don't ditch it the moment you enter Sen's Fortress, you should keep it depending on your build. Like for low str it can be good and it's still one of the best swords despite the no scaling. What I did on my first playthrough was grab two Dragon Scales then upgraded the drake sword to 240 Atk and Sen's Fortress was a cakewalk. Wait for the Silver Knight Straight Sword then farm some Twinkling titanite (10) and the sword will serve you well, well indeed my good friend. Well indeed.
Early-game, sorcerers have few powerful weapons at their disposal. However, the Drake Sword has the same stat requirements as the Moonlight Greatsword (disregarding INT). Would recommend.
I used this sword for the early levels now I use a black knight halberd
Its definately worth to upgrade if you are going with a low str build since all dragon scale weapons require more strength than Drake sword.
WORST WEAPONS