Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

A dragon fight the darkness, and it try to hunt down Ashen one 3 times in a row. And Gael want the Dark souls from Ashe one in final cut scene. coincident? No, we are the dark souls. Abyss watcher is actually there to stop dark souls seek for abyss. We travel with Gael in the abyss, Eventually get ridiculously powerful but endless hunger in a wretched land. I believe that's what miyazaki want to told us. After all , he's the painter of this world. all he want is a masterpiece, therefore he need the darksouls to paint he doesnt really care about guest who allured to his paint world.
Dark eater Midir is attacking you because he's consumed by the abyss which is why shira wants you to fight him. Gael is getting the pigment for the little girl in the ashes of ariendel DLC she is the "painter" And to put it simply she's more op than gael riding Midir
In short, your spouting $hite
This boss fight gave me some real Monster Hunter vibes. Hard as hell, but didn't feel horribly unfair
This was before monster hunter, but every souls fan or veteran would know that Dragond terribly a pain on the *** to deal with.

Aedris_Darkstar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 95.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Funny but Xeno'Jiivaa is like Midir.
Can't do this boss for $hit
Whoever designed this boss is a *****ing idiot
It's the boss I die least. Well designed with tight hitboxes. But hey...that's just me.

Aedris_Darkstar

Casual
Convict

Git gud salty casul.
I like the boss but hate fighting him. I have defeated him once, now I will observe from a loooong distance
SL45, upgraded old wolf CG, beat him in ~4 tries
Phase 1: Midir, please. Slow Down. Phase 2: OMG MIDIR, PLS
Accurate.

Aedris_Darkstar

Casual
Convict

"Bad Midir. Bad. No don't do that- MIDIIIIIIIIIIR STOP! NOOOOOOOOOOO" - Probably everyone.
Note! One other weakness to Midir is Undead Hunter Charms (Loyd's Talismans) as they will deal thousands of damage if Midir were to stand in a cloud of 4 or 5 of the used charms (Note: This option for high DPS is best for like max number phantoms with Dried Finger item).
I also hear that the Abyss Watchers won't kill you if you use the Legion Etiquette gesture each time you hit them. And that you can fly in the Winged Knight armor.

Arcania

Souls: 50.00
I don't believe the Lloyd's Talisman deals any damage as far as I know but perhaps your thinking of Pestilent Mist?
The best part of fighting Midir is going with the wolf knight greatsword on NG and wearing his armor and shield to feel like Artorias combating the abyss. Really gives out a good vibe to me as we all know Artorias is a knight of Gwyn, and the first knight(in the souls series) to combat the abyss by fighting Manus in AotA.

JimAbaddon

I got curb stomped pretty good by him but I did eventually defeat him. Funny story is every time I died, I couldn't even get him to phase 2 but the first time I got him to phase 2 was the time I beat him. Anyway, for the main reason I'm commenting: after getting crushed about 8 times, I realise this is a very skill-heavy boss but I do feel there's some RNG here. If Midir uses one of his more devastating attacks when you are closer to a wall, it's unlikely you will survive. I know it's all in dodging his attacks, but if he forces you in a bad position and then uses attacks with multiple hitboxes, it's tough to get out of. Still, not a bad boss, overall.
It’s not a bad boss in fact my favorite boss in the ringed city but he can be hard
I killed Midir on my first try useing the soul spear but my game glitches and killed him instantly on NG8 and it was a easy kill