Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

fuk it its so fuking hard
Beat using Sinner's Ultra Greatsword 2H and 4 giant souls. The boss is easy once you have the patterns but very punishing due to extremely high damage. Vengarl's armor and still deals 80% of my HP with one swing. The only thing which should trouble you on this boss is the horizontal swing, which covers a very large arc that reaches quite a ways behind him. Sometimes he will be a troll and follow up the huge horizontal swing with, yes, another huge horizontal swing, in the opposite direction. Otherwise, all of his attacks are dodgeable by strafing sideways. Weakness: Rear Therefore try Strafe

Kalificus

Souls: 50.00
It really makes you question whether relighting the fire is worth it. This once proud king is now a shambling, brainless hulk of bones, cursed to wander in his own tomb, forever in madness. If this is the fate of a King, wont you meet a similar end? Maybe it would be best for it all just to stop...
just stayed under his knee and wailed on him with my DGH until he went down, all attacks just missed
Honestly this is my third easiest boss in the entire game. Due to his highly telegraphed attacks and his one weakspot, his left *** cheek. This fight becomes ridiculously easy if you strafe his left side and wail on him at the end of his combos, I don't think I have ever died to previous ruler of drangleic. In my opinion though I wish we would have been able to fight in his prime, it would have made the fight much more fun and exciting knowing that the old ruler and future monarch get to Duke it out if this were the case.
Way to miss the point.
The whole point of the fight is to see how the once glorious monarch has fallen from grace.

CHAOTICGAMING

Souls: 50.00
I know what the point of fighting vendrick while he's hollow is I just wished that there was a second fight where we could have fought him in his glory days