Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

chuj
chuj
Chuj
chuj

Tragedy01

Souls: 50.00
Well this page was.... dissatisfying. You'd think there'd be more even something exciting. But instead you get this -_-
The Actual lore of MHW is not fully revealed yet as the map in hunters nots is actually the bottom of a massive continent so there is still a lot to be discovered
My group is trying to confirm a theory that each fleet represents one of the game generations, (so MH1 and MHF would be the first fleet, MH2 and MHFU would be the second fleet and so on.) Can anyone help identify members of each fleet and their armor sets to see if we can confirm they're from or representative of their respective generations? So far the third fleet captain is a dead ringer for the Chief in MH3G, and the second fleet master, the Smith, looks like he's in a toned down version of Mamoufou(sp*) armor from MHFU.
5 seems to be the number for a lot of reasons. The story of 5 dragons within the game lore (hence you are the sapphire star), 5 generations in monster hunter, 5 fleets, and so on. But that could be a plausible theory. I know that there are hunter npcs in astera that either walk around or are sitting somewhere and theyre from different fleets. Haven't looked at em too closely, but maybe you'll see something recognizable with their armor. I know for example monster hunter generations references your character from previous games (but as a different person than your current character) so its fairly likely. Haven't gotten any direct references to recurring characters though.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,181.50
Wiki Edits: 277
The Excitable A-lister is the Ace Cadet from MH4U. The Huntsman mentions a rival of his that was "a man with gold hair growing so thick on his body you could mistake him for a Rajang." That has to be someone from another game, I just can't figure out how.

As for the random hunter wander Astera, their armor changes over the course of the game and none of them mention anything in the other games, so i doubt they are returning characters.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
Who cares, just play the game nerd
so that abouts 8 years between each fleet

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

It's about 10, several people mention so in game.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
10 years. It's 40 years between the first and the fith fleets. 0 (the first fleet starts the count), 10, 20, 30, 40.
I heard that Rotten vale is actually a serpent monster from one of the previous games.
If you look at the map you can kind of see it. It's pretty cool.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Yep, it's a Dalamadur. You can see it's skull from the entrance to the top base camp, and many of the upper walk ways have it's distinctive back spikes and snake skin on them.

It's not in the game (yet... fingers crossed) so we don't have a page for it. Here's Dalamandur's wiki page on another wiki if you are interested.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dalamadur
Cool thanks for the confirmation
They should totally add him then! The game needs a few more monsters, dalamadur would be perfect!
Yeah but the one that died and made the Vale would be to big to have he would just fu*k up everything and he is a adult so if they added the full grown ones we would just non stop be **** in the *** but maybe if they added the baby ones like in 4 then it might work. then where would it live were would it's nest be and how the fu*k would he fit in with the other monsters
dalamadur
What I want to know is how they got the ship on the top of that mountain.
They explain that in the beginning of the game.... It was a a powerful storm that greeted the first fleet on arriving in the new world the winds were so strong that the ship have been sent flying and got struck there
When are we going to meet spyro?
When is Alatreon coming?