Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Do we get face sliders like in DS?
Based on the quote, likely not.
But do we get beards?
When was the last time you saw a young anime character with a beard?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,451.50
Wiki Edits: 286
Last one I saw was Junpei from Persona 3.
But for Code Vein, the answer is looking like a no. Early looks at the character creator don't have a option for beards.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
Perhaps under Accessories?
Unless hair accessories/extensions are fully movable, just a standard anime-stubble on the chin. Any real beard would interfere/clip with the purifier mask anyway. Not being able to be bald is a bit of a kick in the groin. We have NPC's with beards and we have NPC's that are bald in the game, but we have to have hair and no beard. Well ..no game-breaker, just a slight annoyance. (and it's 2 months to release so who knows about the hair/no hair, while no beard, sadly, makes sense due to clipping and shonen anime-style/age)

Momonga

Souls: 50.00
Will there be someone like Rosaria or we will be stuck with our character appearance for eternity??
I'd say choose wisely in the likely event there isn't one. Don't rush your creation just because you want to jump into the game. Take your time. I'm not saying spend 3-4 hours in character creation in games like this like I do (never used Rosaria in DS 3) to make sure that you have the appearance you want lol...But at LEAST spend 30-45 mins on it.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

I remember there being a way in the hub to change your appearance from the beta, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If the demo that comes out next week is like the beta, then we should be able to find out.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

I've checked the demo, and there is a way to change your appearance. It's at a mirror in the hub. You can change everything but your face structure, your overall balance, and your voice.
Hair, clothes, tattoos, scars, eye color, and everything else can all be changed.
just be cautious. rosaria was the rare. every other souls game didnt have a way of changing your appearence (dark souls 2 gender swap doesnt count), so treat it like there isnt

Dekhta

Souls: 95.00
Wiki Edits: 9
You can not change your voice or most facial features. Hair, Accessories, Clothing, etc. Are allowed to be changed.
i know you ,face paint black beards
What kind of game with such a potent customization doesnt have a height slider lol? Dog*****.
yeah, cus every other souls game came with a height slider. *****ing moron
Chill out and enjoy the game.
nobody here mentions dark souls so both of you, chill out
Because height would ***** with the character rig, animations and collision detection making attacks look glitchy, or actually affect the overall game balance due to it affecting reach on something that's supposed to be cosmetic. So yeah, not only does it not have a height slider, I'll even venture a guess that male and female are the exact same height.
can i make my character look older?
"We wanted to have everyone be ready to make their own ideal and cool character..." but we don't allow you to customize your melon size nor did we add separate facial customization for things such as mouth, nose and eye shapes because that would be too much freedom.
I assume that is because they didn't want to have the 3d models for things like clothes and mask to warp too much to fit the player, and were too lazy to make exta assets to account for odd (by their definition) preportions (the eye thing is likely a oversight). Also you can influence chest size, just, not as big as io, or as flat as a board.