Anything without a home!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 27,009.00
Wiki Edits: 41
EldritchImagination wrote:It's a shame that the only Souls game that had actually good PvP was........................Bloodborne

*grabs popcorn shrimp and runs out*

I don't think any of them had overwhelmingly good pvp. If we're talking about individual pieces than Bloodborne probably takes it from a combat standpoint due to the variety brought from trick weapons and "spells" were limited via consuming things rather than using a bar or slots. Armor wise I think DS3 got it right as it felt like a good middle ground between DKS and DS2. (but DS2 deff had better fashion.)
Online interaction wise I think that's a toss up between DKS and DS2. DS2 because it had the most interesting covenants and you were always invadable unless you played offline. DKS because of the forrest covenant and dark moons being probably the two most well designed covenants for pvp.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,291.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I'm surprised people actually took my unpopular opinion joke seriously.

Though in all honesty, Demon's souls and Bloodborne was where I had my most fun PvP experiences.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 107.00
Bank: 7,272.00
Wiki Edits: 5
EldritchImagination wrote:I'm surprised people actually took my unpopular opinion joke seriously.

Though in all honesty, Demon's souls and Bloodborne was where I had my most fun PvP experiences.

demon souls WAS a janky mess(not as bad as dks1 backstabs but still). bloodborne lacked variety and blood gems were a pain.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

EldritchImagination wrote:I'm surprised people actually took my unpopular opinion joke seriously.

I never got to experience Demon's pvp. And considering some of the jank I saw I think i'm good aha.
DKS had enough Jank for me.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,291.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
oh it was janky. The fact that you could hoard 99 of all types of healing items (of which there were many) meant that fights could go on forever.

And you were pretty much gimping yourself if you didn't have faith or sorcery since faith gave you a second chance style spell that restores you to half health if you take a fatal hit while active, and sorcery had a spell that blocks as I recall 70% physical damage while active.

world tendency didn't help either

but yet I still had great fun with it for what little time I had it.

mechanically speaking though, it had some of the worst for PvP
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

EldritchImagination wrote:oh it was janky. The fact that you could hoard 99 of all types of healing items (of which there were many) meant that fights could go on forever.

And you were pretty much gimping yourself if you didn't have faith or sorcery since faith gave you a second chance style spell that restores you to half health if you take a fatal hit while active, and sorcery had a spell that blocks as I recall 70% physical damage while active.

blessed mirdan halberd and warding, god help your opponents for the game balance has abandoned them. that's not even considering the use of bugs.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

qeter wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:oh it was janky. The fact that you could hoard 99 of all types of healing items (of which there were many) meant that fights could go on forever.

blessed mirdan halberd and warding, god help your opponents for the game balance has abandoned them. that's not even considering the use of bugs.

Elaborate?

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

halberds are bloody broken. the midran halberd does blunt which is slightly more optimal than slash and the blessed infusion will make your attacks magical as well as healing you fast enough to avoid needing to eat grass for most invasions if you have warding on. warding has low requirements and reduces physical damage 70%. there are also host of bugs involving weapon buffs and running firestorms that can be exploited for maximum memes. i played demon souls in the middle of dks1's life cycle before dks2 came out, there was a decent amount of activity back then, but i don't morn the end of those days.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

qeter wrote:halberds are bloody broken. the midran halberd does blunt which is slightly more optimal than slash and the blessed infusion will make your attacks magical as well as healing you fast enough to avoid needing to eat grass for most invasions if you have warding on. warding has low requirements and reduces physical damage 70%. there are also host of bugs involving weapon buffs and running firestorms that can be exploited for maximum memes. i played demon souls in the middle of dks1's life cycle before dks2 came out, there was a decent amount of activity back then, but i don't morn the end of those days.

Sounds proper horrifying.