Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

SoulsDave

Souls: 86.00
Hi, all!

I'm just writing this here because why not?

I'm planning to start my 12th playthrough this Friday evening. Last playthrough was my first boss-weapon playthrough. I finished the previous game, collected oodles of scales and all boss souls and secured the save-file, so that I can start endless NG+ games, each with a different boss weapon.

First boss-weapon playthough was with the Hollow-slayer Greatsword. It was my tip-of-the-hat to Lucatiel (I was a MASSIVE DS2 fan). Lovely playthrough, spread over two evenings. Someone asked me later how long it took, and it turned out to be a little over three hours.

Surely that sounds like ONE pleasant evening's demon-bashing? Why YES, yes it does!

So Friday evening will hopefully be one playthrough. (Not going for a speed run at all at all, of course; just a leisurely job.)

The 12th playthrough will be: Dragonslayer Greataxe!

Of course it will!

I know everyone and his dog's used it by now, but I've never had a playthrough with it.

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. Have a tiny bit of collecting to do tomorrow (I forgot a couple of piece of armour I want to have), and then ... Friday ... 9pm .... ODE TO JOY!!!!

Amazing how much fun this game still is ...

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 563.00
Bank: 9,932.00
Wiki Edits: 703
You were a Dark Souls II fan. You aren't anymore?

The replay value of Dark Souls III is 2/10 for me. I only want to fight Gael again.
What, still here?

SoulsDave

Oopos, sorry, I am *STILL* a monstrous Dark Souls 2 fan, it's just that I've not played it in a while.

I do find DarkSouls3 replayable. My replayability factor is 9/10 (given that I've played it through 11 times). I find it wonderful.

I love when a game has you looking forward to playing it. It's a great sign.

Popped in last night for 30 mins just to collect those few armour pieces I wanted. Though I realise now that there are a few genstures I lack, too. I want the call and the clap. So I'll do that tonight, then tomorrow, GAME ON!!!

T-37 hours.

Can't wait ...

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,968.00
Admittedly, one of the things that DS2 got right was making NG+ noticeably different than NG with the new phantoms and such. I miss that. Also, DS3 does not seem to scale enemy damage/health that much into higher NG+ cycles. Admittedly, you can't upgrade your armor, so your defenses barely scale outside of improving Vig/End/Vit. Personally, I still quite like replaying DS3, just because I really like the moment-to-moment PvE gameplay.

I'm curious to see how some of your other boss weapon playthroughs are going to go. Weapons like the Dancer's Enchanted Swords and the Cleric's Candlestick are going to be tough. At the same time, I've been wanting to try a Demon's Fist playthrough.

SoulsDave

Cleric's Candlestick playthrough! Wow, hadn't even considered that. Innnnnnteresting ...

T-22 hours to playthrough start ...
Call and applause gestures secured in preparation.
THE EXCITEMENT IS PALPABLE!
(Not for anyone else, admittedly, just for me. But OMG, the funsies.)
Oh, also secured: pale tongue for re-spec: dump all my dex into faith, I suppose, for the greataxe.
And re-do my look. I'm thinking .... bright orange skin, perhaps. Yes ... bright orange.

SoulsDave

IT BEGINS!!!

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 563.00
Bank: 9,932.00
Wiki Edits: 703
I like Gael's Greatsword, might someday reinstall the game and do a Gael's apprentice playthrough when the frustration wears off. It's really strange to love a character more than the series, and while you only meet him twice.
What, still here?