Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Do you have to summon at the bridge first befire he invades at the church? Im enembered, havent even seen the boss yet, and im online. Does it change if you joined rosarias fingers already? (and given her a pale tongue)
Creighton invades you after you help sirris kill him in her world. If you have given tongues to rosaria to rank up the covenant, sirris questline cant be continued (if i remember correctly, giving tongues for rebirth doesnt make sirris hostile)
It does fail the questline i think.
I once re spec and sirris insult me for being a finger.
Newbieslayer's Axe
Metacancer's Axe
While its (high) base damage, and low stat requirements usually leads it to being used in PvP, it does have some PvE use.

Like I said, it has low stat requirements of 18/14 (12/14 when two handed), so this is doable on an SL1 (with rings), and useful in this and other situations where stats aren't good enough to get good scalings (namely lightning).
why people hating on it so much I pvp all the time and almost never see it
You don't hate "on" something. Edit: "Why do people hate it so much? I PvP all the time with it and I almost never see it."
To the guy who got all butthurt about someone using the term “hating on” you’re a serious loser. Quit being such a whiney dork.
For the two whiny losers he can use whatever vernacular pardon me if I misspelled that but the reason people don't like it is because there is something called a twink which uses a low soul level character with end game gear and stuff like a lot of estus shards so that they have more estus even though they should have less and powerful armor and weapons such as the havel armor and dragon slayer axe which are seen a lot when people think and you may not have went up against one but I have and he had more estus than me when I was only at 5 or 6 and I had just putting my summon sign down to help some people with the crystal safe boss to level up a few more times and I got invaded by someone with the lapp armor and a frayed blade and a heap of more estus and granted I'm no slouch and I'm a pretty good player I managed to hold him off with base level sellsword twin blades and few estus because he managed to sneak up on me but he eventually won because he had used like five estus flasks

phroZac

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
@anon 15 Jun 2018 15:35 Yo. Maybe use a period or a comma occasionally, eh? Is it really so difficult? I mean, I got maybe 40% of the way through your trash, and that's probably more than ANYONE ELSE. EVER.
@everyone below me: Are you guys seriously having a comment war over grammar?
This is one of my all-time favorite weapons, once I got ahold of it in DS2 it's my weapon of choice, plus I was a huge fan of Creighton. I created a pretty Gnarly Herald build with this weapon, Raw+10, for higher physical damage, and due to there being no faith stat for it, use lightning blade to increase the already present lightning damage, and scale the buff with your faith. Having a 110 buff chime is also great. My miracles are: Tears of Denial, Sunlight Spear, Bountiful Sunlight, and Lightning Blade. At 3 swings of my Dragonslayer, I do 1k damage, typically. I can swing it 6 maximum times, making my maximum damage around 2500 with warcry active as well. Wielding this one handed is the way to go.
For better results (I feel like I shouldn't be telling people this in 2018 if they haven't already figured it out for themselves, but whatevs,) slap a lightning infusion on it. PRESTO! =faith scaling
Can be a very hard hitter at low soul levels with a lightning buff, but the range is abysmal against weapons with reach and the speed is just slow enough to have trouble against something quick.

It is definitely not the end-all low level PvP weapon some people claim it to be, there are a lot of builds that can really destroy someone with this axe. In general I'll gladly take 20% less AR for something I can land more hits with.
Learn to parry.
23 apr anon - u r a fukin scrub, mate
13 May anon is a salty boi, they probably got hornet ring parried.
Kill Creigton before pontiff, and never got a drop. Did I do something wrong here? I well all the way through on Sirris questline too.

Leviathis_Krade

Souls: 50.00
if you didn't kill the creighton near the corvian at the large gravestone the you wouldn't

cryomE23

Bank: 0.00
creighton is an invader when you get the axe, make sure you have an ember active, i usually forget that you cant get invaded by npc's when you havent got one activated, i missed out on a lot of cool items because of this
People that use this in the starting area, along with the hornet ring or dark hand suuuure are original. This is literally all they're doing for hours on end is invading and harassing new characters... Its rather sad that this is what the communitys become as its worser aspects.
git gud
Git gud is a 10/10 original comment.

cryomE23

Bank: 0.00
well if you're someone like me why wouldnt you, if you need embers its a good starting point, its better than being ganked at anor londo, also good if you want to rank up in a covenant, ezpz work
It's moreso the fact that invaders are using an end game item in order to pretty much one shot easy targets. The hornet ring, I mean. I'm pretty sure I've run into people with way more estus than me from the start, too, so that certainly doesn't help things...

It's hard to consider that very balanced, especially since those two weapons kill in like 4 to 5 hits easy that early on.

phroZac

Whatever, man. We all have to work through that phase of the game. Man up, and ***** em up! Or put on Way of Blue and hope to whatever deity you choose that I show up to wreck shop, lol
Oh yeah, because using a BLATANT ADVANTAGE (punishing as **** late-game weapon, more estus, better rings) over a new player is such a demonstration of skill. You twinks are just looking for easy wins by eating noobs, because invading other players at the same point in the game as you are is too hard, don't try to act like it's anything other than that.
Does somebody have one spare Dragonslayer axe. I have missed this weapon twice now. If somebody can give one spare, my xbox gametag is: Dedi115
**** off.
only solution: third playthrough
Since this weapon already does lightning damage (in addition to physical damage), if you buff it with Carthus Flame Arc will it do both lightning AND fire damage (in addition to physical damage)?
yes
Yes, but buffing it with lightning damage is a better choice as split damage is generally weaker.

phroZac

Yes, but you'd be better off buffing it with lightning or physical(blessed). Build on one of the two default dmg types rather than introducing a third.
Cool, thanks for the replies everyone!