Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

the riflemen in the forest before Hemwick Charnel Lane seem to drop this as a rare drop (whit item discovery of 280 was able to gain this but rarely thouh 2 in one drop)
I've used this vs amygdala with the cannon and with my +9 cannon with a shot to her face it did like 3.2k damage...

TheHiltHoodie

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nay. You're clever using the tools you have doesn't make you bad. It makes you a hunter.
I've defeated only three Bosses but can already buy it. Killed Blood-starved Beast, Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne. Have engaged Vicar Amelia but haven't defeated her. Either one of the defeated Bosses is the requirement, or it's something else, but Rom, the Vacuous Spider is incorrect.

SugarMcSweets

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 2
The information meant that after defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider, the price for the Bone Marrow Ash will increase, not necessarily make it available, as it already will/should be before then.
Read that again and them delete your comment when u realize your an idiot
It said the price is marked up after room, idiot.
Alright so I'm curious how this item works. Does it just give you like a status where no matter what the next shot uses the bone marrow ash. Oooorrrr, can you use it with a specific gun, change to your secondary and fire off without using that bone marrow ash. In a specific example in my head, you apply the bone marrow ash to your cannon, switch to pistol, fire off a counter-shot, then switch back to the cannon for like what 4X damage?

OatmealMu

Souls: 825.00
Wiki Edits: 154
Just did some testing on the Doll. It seems Bone Marrow Ash only works if you keep the buffed weapon equipped. For example: I buffed first the Pistol, then the Cannon. I switched back to the Pistol and fired. The damage was normal. Next, I switched back to the Cannon and fired. Again, the damage was normal.
You can kinda bypass this by using the Reitterpallasch to parry and then using the Bone Ashed afterwards.
YOU USED THIS ON THE DOLL! YOU SICK BASTARD!
It was for the sabe of testing, fellow hunter...

OatmealMu

Souls: 825.00
Wiki Edits: 154
For *****s and giggles, I tried this stuff while fighting a Chalice boss. It AT LEAST doubled the hitting power of my Cannon. Scary!
This kind of people are what gives bad reputation to our community,the guy was right,this item is overpowered and although i don't think it should be removed(nerfs exist for a reason) i respect his opinion,he didn't insulted anyone and expressed his thoughts like you are supposed to do on every decent forum.To the guy who responded with such stupid irreverence i will only say that,i could be mistaken but,you apparently know nothing about the game,you obviously had never used a call beyond(read my post there,the long ones) as it will never one or two shot anything,i even challenge you to kill cleric beast or Gascoigne in NG+ with it in two shots,i don't respect people who talk about things they do not understand.Your attitude is exactly the same as many players i know,they brag about beating dark souls and being very good at pvp and an important part of the community,then you find they wore full havel and turled every hit with idem shield,then countered with whatever they readed in 4chan or reddit was most op at the time.I swear for every gentleman this community has there are 10 frustrated and vulgar pre-adolescents in desperate need of pride reaffirmation.My condolences to the user who posted in april 1.
Well said sir
Tips fedora? Really? this place is such a gutter...
*tips fedora*
this item is vastly overpowered, as it is widely available later in the game and can be used to achieve ridiculous damage with cannon, repeating pistol, and essentially any other item that uses bullets. I was able to shoot a player for 800+ damage myself and I've barely no investment at all in bloodtinge. This should really be removed from the game; a cheese item if I ever saw one.
holy *****, i have a near maxed out evelyn and a high blood tinge, and when i used this on the celestial emissary it dealt 1400 damage. tried again on Ebrietas, but only teased out 500 damage per. still though. this stuff is useful in the right scenario. it also saved my *** in the final part of the crow hunters quest, took out a fifth of the hunter health bar with a +9 pistol.
Cry more.
If this item was nerfed it would be completely useless in pve, specially for players with low bloodtinge, let alone using it in ng+. It's easy to dodge and you can clearly see when someone uses it, the problem is some people don't respect it and don't even try to dodge it in pvp because they think bullets are always weak.
*Loads bone marrow ash*
Tips fedora? Really? this place is such a gutter...
What a vomitive attitude
To make this item available at the Hunter's Dream Messenger you need the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge (found at the top of the Healing Church Workshop).
...cause it sort of fits with the aesthetic. They had to manually load and ignite flintlocks and stuff around the time period this is based on. Even if you can "spam" shots (I just chalk it up to blood magic. lol), the only way you can actually legitimately fire a deadly gun shot is to manually load it with this item each time just like they had to back in the day. Sort of gives it flavor imo.
never looked at it that way nice obvservation
does this item only affect bullets or can my flamesprayer benefit from it as well?

Cuchulainn

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
(not fully confirmed)

From what I've heard (will test tonight) it not only affects your flamesprayer, but buffs it so hard the game breaks. Once you use the ash, your next "shot" gets a damage multiplier; for purposes of the flamesprayer, that "shot" lasts for as long as the trigger is held. Here is a video of a level 17 character beating Rom with the flamesprayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WTp5VKob-I
wow that was easy.
Looks like some of his attacks once buff will deflect a buffed pistol shot, not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but just did while I was Beckoned to help.
Yeah, when he buffs mid-battle, his aura will deflect most of your shots. When he starts buffing, go for the backstab and that will stop the buff and made the other half of the battle WAY easier.
anyone know the actual damage increase formula stuff for this stuff
Looks like 4x before resists.