Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

The heavy scaling is wrong I have a +2 heavy its at b scaling
Are you sure? Your sword is only +2, scaling upgrades as well as weapon damage. Sure at +2 it's only b scaling but at 10+ it might be A.
I have it at +8 and it has an A scaling, but remember that scaling gets upgraded as well as weapon damage
"You Bastard"
Could this be useful for an sl1 play though with deprived?
Wich one has the better AR when heavy infused and with str 40, Bastard sword or Claymore?
they have the same ar
Yea, the ar is the same. BUT the claymore has a much better range and a much better wa (in my opinion). So if your build is absoloute pure strength, bastard sword, but if you have the stats to spare for 13 dex, claymore.
This sword is really good sword with less range than the claymore but faster and requires lower stat requirements and both the bastard sword and the claymore do the same damage.

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,241.00
Wiki Edits: 1
It's not actually faster. I thought similarly about weapons since it is intuitive to believe a lighter version would be faster, but it is untrue. All greatswords are of the same speed, and that goes for all weapon categories. The main advantage with the Bastard Sword is its weapon art. Most pick Claymore because it has a good R2 poke and farther reach than the Bastard Sword. I pick Bastard Sword cause I think the weapon art is cool and good (most think it is easy to circumvent), because it is slightly lighter and require slightly less stats. Is it right? I don't know...

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,241.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Supposedly, if you are looking for the concensus, the current answer is that the Claymore is better because of its farther reach and poke. My hypothesis is that Stomp is good because if you can read your opponents commitment to an attack they will make that attack and be troubled to notice your counter. I'm really not this skilled player who knows these things, I just have the idea that it should be true; so be critical about it as you would be with ANY OTHER RANDOM SOURCE ON THE NET! Besides, when you land a space launch you'll know that Stomp is the way to go ;-)
The bastard sword and claymore always gave the same ar, no matter how you infuse/buff it. Because of this, if you have the levels to spare for 13 dex, the claymore is (in my opinion) a direct upgrade from the bastard sword. Longer range and a wa that has a great guard break with the r1 and a great wake up move with the r2. The only time i find the bastard sword's wa useful is when fighting the ringed knight scrub swords. Other than that using the stomp wa is basically like asking your opponent to bs you. So in conclusion, the claymore is overall better but the bastard sword is still a great alternative to very low dex builds.
In games I usually get too close to my enemies easily...despite trying to get a distance advantage on them. So, shorter weapons like this one suits me perfectly. I have a weird talent for getting close to opponents in all games by accident, so I may as well capitalize on it.
On the max table it says this thing gets a scaling in str at +10, but on the heavy upgrade table it says b. which is it?