Anything related to Dark Souls!

A_Locomotive

Souls: 75.00
Hi. Recently got Dark Souls Remastered. I am at Quelaggs lair in blight town for frame of refereance where i am. I was attempting to make a dexterity / Intelligence build but dont really have a clue what I am doing and I focused a little to much on my weapons then magic and as of right now I sort of have a jack of all trades character. I dont feel like my weapons pack to big of a punch but being this is only my second souls game and second character(knight in DS3) I think maybe its because i just didnt know to what expect from dexterity weapons? Anyway just wondering what tips people have to focus my character more towards sorcery, ideally i want to try magic as my primary form of attack with fast dexterity weapons as back up my current stats are below. For my attacks i am currently using a +9 falchion with spider shield for close range, +2 short bow for weak or far enemies and then for magic I have magic weapon, great soul arrow and heavy soul arrow. I also have aural decoy but i havent figured out how to effectively use it. Sorry this is such a long winded first post. Any and all tips are appreciated.
Soul level 44
Vit 22
Att 14
End 17
Str 17
Dex 20
Res 13
Int 15
Fai 9

IgnusKnavery

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,552.00
Yeah looks like you might have spread the points too thin. What's your class? I might be able to help.
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

A_Locomotive

I started as a pyromancer. But stopped using pyromancies not long after the taurus demon.

IgnusKnavery

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,552.00
Ok. I would do something like this with the remaining points. If you look at the thread I started, I'm also working on a DEX/INT build. You can see what I plan on doing.

Perhaps do this:
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/? ... wwLDAsMCww

Or this:
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/? ... wwLDAsMCww

The first one focuses on the DEX you already have an utilizing a DEX weapon with a buff like Crystal Magic Weapon. The second one ditches DEX altogether and utilizes the Moonlight Greatsword. This build will allow you to pump INT, VIT, and END, and by SL125, you still have a good enough build in case you want to PvP. The Moonlight Greatsword is nice because you don't have to pump the required stats because it scales off of INT. And it's a damn powerful weapon.
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

A_Locomotive

Thanks! I think i am going to work more towards that second build for the moonlight great sword. I loved larger swords in DS3. At Anor London now so those big dudes with the giant halbred and shield are making farming souls a snap, more so with every point into INT. Currently at the following.
SL 63
Vit 23
Att 16
End 17
Str 17
Dex 21
Res 13
Int 30
Fai 9

Trying to work towards int 36 so i can buy and use soul spear, no idea how good it is but I want more magic variety, currently using homing soul mass, great heavy soul arrow, magic weapon and hidden body. Character is a bit of a glass cannon right now how would you dull out points on my way to int 36? I think i need to put a little more into vitality or maybe endurance, just beat that wolf in Dark Root garden and it was tough until i found the right combo of tearinf up its belly with my halbred and long range magic when it slowed down.