For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Chaosmaker

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,731.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I used to have a Giant's/Mom's + large club + CMW + hornets buffing build, and would OHKO people with backstabs. Probably doesn't work anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. Got an unimaginable amount of hate mail while using that build. It was pretty hilarious to invade, get ganked, backstab a phantom for a oneshot, while the host and the other phantom are mashing me down during the animation, then roll backstab the host right afterwards. Salt mail incoming. I was pretty much exclusively an invader in DS1. I made builds designed to do maximum damage in one attack, enough to oneshot players, because that's the best way for an invader to even the odds.

There was a trick with casting spells that worked in Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls both that gave the spell better tracking. What you do is start the cast of the spell unlocked, and then lock on at the very last moment before the spell goes off, and if someone tries to run to the side to avoid a spell, or rolls too early, they'll get stuffed. This forces them to I-frame through it, and while that's not a huge problem for a more experienced player, but that's how you use Dark Beads and Soul Spears.

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,362.00
Wiki Edits: 38
The Darkmoon falchion has become somewhat of a meme, not on the level of Giant Dad, but it's a big part of the "Oroboro build." Oroboro is a Souls PvP streamer and I guess he liked that set-up a lot (also his armor was some combination of Elite Knight, Havel's Gauntlets and I don't know if there was anything else - but yeah, go on mugenmonkey, it's one of the top-voted builds for Dark Souls 1 on the site).
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,362.00
Wiki Edits: 38
Chaosmaker wrote:I used to have a Giant's/Mom's + large club + CMW + hornets buffing build, and would OHKO people with backstabs. Probably doesn't work anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. Got an unimaginable amount of hate mail while using that build. It was pretty hilarious to invade, get ganked, backstab a phantom for a oneshot, while the host and the other phantom are mashing me down during the animation, then roll backstab the host right afterwards. Salt mail incoming. I was pretty much exclusively an invader in DS1. I made builds designed to do maximum damage in one attack, enough to oneshot players, because that's the best way for an invader to even the odds.

There was a trick with casting spells that worked in Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls both that gave the spell better tracking. What you do is start the cast of the spell unlocked, and then lock on at the very last moment before the spell goes off, and if someone tries to run to the side to avoid a spell, or rolls too early, they'll get stuffed. This forces them to I-frame through it, and while that's not a huge problem for a more experienced player, but that's how you use Dark Beads and Soul Spears.

Chain backstabs, let alone OHKO ones, still seem very much in effect in Dark Souls Remastered from all videos I've seen. In fact it seems they barely fixed any of the PvP exploits from the original game at all. Except for dead-angling. So you can completely block a narrow bridge by turtling with a highly upgraded-enough heater shield or something and there's nothing anyone, not even the Bass Cannon himself, can do about it.
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,632.50
Dragon Shout had infinite guard/poise break in the original, from what I understood. Haven't tried it in Re.

Dragon Shout into Force, hello gravity was my favorite way of dealing with infinite health cheaters in the original.

The facing/vector changes affect both the directional component of Force and Dead Angling. It is sort of like they ported the DS2 directional code. In a sense, it is now "correct".

DS3 used the old "broken" code. May also be what's responsible for 360 parry, which I find hilarious and personally love to surprise bait people into.
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 19,788.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
Speaking of OP builds...now i'm doing a Dark Magic Caster....well...what can i say ? The Pursuers are waaaay too OP, and if you cast the Pursuers and then the Dark Bead, the opponent is practically dead....
I'm invading in Anor Londo/Darkroot Garden and i rarely die...in a couple of seconds everyone is dead.....really too OP.....